Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would you have sex?

(6 Posts)
pieceoftoast Sat 15-Nov-14 18:01:45

28 weeks pg. DH and I haven't had PIV sex since conceiving. I've been worried to because I had 2 miscarriages prior to this pregnancy, the first of which was at 12 weeks and the loss started immediately after sex.

Possibly the sex just kickstarted the expulsion of the pregnancy and it had already ended but it's made me horribly paranoid. Didn't DTD last pregnancy though it ended at 8 weeks anyway.

Haven't been advised not to by medical people. I don't want to do anything to jeapordise this pregnancy. Had PIV sex during pregnancy with my DS and all was fine but that was years ago before the mcs.

I'd like to do it as DH and I haven't been massively close/intimate and I feel this is one of the reasons but I know if I see blood I'll panic. It should be ok to do it, right?

Theyvallgone Sat 15-Nov-14 18:04:11

Aww Hun it will be fine!! Just make sure you're always comfortable and you'll be ok smile

makeitabetterplace Sat 15-Nov-14 18:12:30

At 28 weeks your pregnancy is no longer fragile. If it makes you feel better you could dictate the pace or go on top but honestly you'd be fine with normal, or abnormal!, sex at this stage with no fear at all. I'm personally finding it uncomfortable as shifting position just isn't easy but I don't feel at all like it's hurting my baby. X

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 15-Nov-14 18:15:42

Do it! I had sex today for the first time in months because it was so uncomfortable before, but at 34 weeks it seems to have sorted itself out somehow. I did have very strong BH after an orgasm at about 20-odd weeks, but no bleeding or anything to make me concerned. Relax and enjoy! Do make sure you're comfortable.

pieceoftoast Sat 15-Nov-14 18:17:15

Thanks ladies. I'm really nervous. This is the longest I've not had PIV sex for a long time so I'm a bit worried about it being uncomfortable regardless! makeit I had considered my whale-like-ness, just going to have to try and stick with one position I think, definitely not feeling very mobile! grin

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 15-Nov-14 18:27:39

Try lying on your side with a pillow propping your leg up, with your partner behind you. I actually find it easier using condoms because the previous discomfort was caused by my nerves, I think, and stress doesn't exactly get you, erm, flowing. Eurgh confused haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now