Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How fast would you get uti results?

(7 Posts)
N1982 Sat 15-Nov-14 16:59:07

I had some white blood cells in my urine sample and wondering if I would hear results over the weekend?

makeitabetterplace Sat 15-Nov-14 17:23:09

I don't think you'd get test results over the weekend. I had white blood cells and had to return for another test which was normal so please don't worry unduly. Are you feeling ill?

jadeybaby87 Sat 15-Nov-14 18:25:20

I'm just taking antibiotics for a suspected uti due to white cells in sample it was 6 days after I heard as they check sample for growth of bacteria x

N1982 Sat 15-Nov-14 19:05:55

Thank you that's really helpful. I actually had an unexplained red bleed yesterday which the doctor has called a 'threatened miscarriage' but also urine sample sent off due to some white blood cells and I've discovered that UTIs can cause bleeding so keen to hear results

SilverStars Sat 15-Nov-14 23:24:14

It is worth chasing results by phone. I had sample sent off on Wed, bleeding on Thu, went to hospital on Friday due to bleed and when there asked about results - the computer had them on the system but no one had checked/would have checked on Fri. Told to get prescription from Gp, went to Gp on Fri to be told no dr had reviewed them so could not get prescription until Monday! Thankfully a gp "phoned us" at our request, believed us as he could not access results and I did not have to wait a further weekend.

N1982 Sun 16-Nov-14 14:17:44

Wow ok thanks for that. Sample sent Friday so I guess I'll call tues/weds?

cheesecakemom Sun 16-Nov-14 17:58:58

Check by phone on Monday - if you know the hospital it goes to you might be able to also call them and ask

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now