Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heavy red blood, cervix closed and heartbeat m/c?

(6 Posts)
N1982 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:06:10

I had norovirus start of the week. Before this I'd had instances of light brown spotting. After much vomitting I had heavy brown bleeding requiring a few wipes. Few days of nothing later I have had a large gush of red blood this morning now back to light brown spotting. Went to a&e, heartbeat strong, cervix closed, but told bleeding means I have to consider possible threatened miscarriage. So it's a waiting game. Anyone been through this please?

N1982 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:08:34

Oops I'm 14 weeks btw

Smileysar1 Fri 14-Nov-14 22:39:23

I'm sorry this is no help to you as I've not experienced anything similar, I am also 14wks and I just wanted to wish you well and I hope that it's just a one off one of those things and nothing too awful xx

Serephim Fri 14-Nov-14 22:44:39

I had a huge gush of bright red blood around 9-10 weeks. They scanned me and heartbeat was strong. They could not tell where the blood had come from but did know it wasn't from the baby. I am 23 weeks now and being kicked as we speak. Good luck op.

ChickenMe Fri 14-Nov-14 22:46:39

Hi N

I can offer you my experience. At 13 and a half weeks I had a heavy bleed. Like a period. Clots and flooding. It lasted on and off for ten days although it petered out into brown blood after about five.
Have they scanned you?
I managed to get seen at the emergency gynae ward. Luckily all was fine. I'm 20 wks now and have heard heart beat twice since.
I hope it all works out ok for you. I was told it was a threatened MC too. Very scary words. There is no definitive answer-no one knows what caused mine.
They call any bleeding a threatened MC. All you can do is take each day at a time. I bought a little soft toy and held on to it and prayed hard.
All the best.

N1982 Sat 15-Nov-14 14:33:23

Thanks so much for these comments! Red has changed to v light brown specks today but still so worried by the words 'threatened miscarriage'. Scary waiting game

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now