Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody?

(12 Posts)
Emma0811x Fri 14-Nov-14 15:29:02

I'm 40+6 weeks today. I had a sweep Wednesday night but Midwife said she could only manage to get the top of her finger in so she couldn't do a complete sweep... Anyway today when I went to the loo I had dark brown discharge every time I wipe and back pain also get pain in my lower abdomen...
Do you think this could be it???
Heeeeeeeeeeelp!

Jodie1982 Fri 14-Nov-14 16:01:05

Ooooo sure sounds like it! Good luck. smile

NovemberRainbow Fri 14-Nov-14 17:20:23

How you doing now OP? Pains getting any stronger?

Emma0811x Fri 14-Nov-14 17:26:11

No not stronger... I seem to be ok when Iie down but as soon ask stand up they come back and I feel massive pressure down below... Even turning over to get comfortable in bed is uncomfortable and a struggle... Worried I'm getting excited over nothing sad

FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 14-Nov-14 17:28:12

I would phone the midwife just to check the brown discharge is normal - I'm sure it probably is but better safe than sorry x

NovemberRainbow Fri 14-Nov-14 17:32:34

It may well be the start can take a little time to ramp up, do you have a birthing ball you could bounce on?

It won't be long till you meet LO grin so exciting. It's my due date today, but no signs for me yet.

Hopefully LO will be here by this weekend, do you have another sweep booked? Think my midwife suggest one every three days.

Emma0811x Fri 14-Nov-14 17:50:18

I'm bouncing on it as I'm typing this hahaha!
Aww i really hope something happens for you soon...
I have another sweep booked for Sunday! I hated my first one sad when is yours?
Can't wait to meet my little guy!

NovemberRainbow Fri 14-Nov-14 20:27:48

Keep bouncing smile hopefully it will help things move along.

I'm dreading having a sweep. Mines on Friday 21st. I'll be 41weeks.

Fingers crossed your little man arrives before Sunday and you can avoid another one.

purplefeathers Fri 14-Nov-14 22:58:00

When I had a sweep with dd i was 40+6 and the mw told me she could only 'tickle' my cervix because she couldn't reach it to do a proper sweep. I was disheartened.

I went into labour naturally 3 days later. Whether the tickle helped I don't know but i went from being told i wasn't 'ripe' to having baby very quickly.

Fingers crossed x

NovemberRainbow Sat 15-Nov-14 12:52:11

Hope you are doing ok today Emma.

Emma0811x Sat 15-Nov-14 18:04:50

Aww Thank you! I'm in absolute agony today! Midwife said I'm only in the latent stage of labour... She couldn't examine me. Pains are definitely getting worse. Feel like I can't cope already! Baby is back to back sad

NovemberRainbow Sat 15-Nov-14 18:15:53

Do you have a Tens machine or anybody you could borrow one off?

You can do it, hopefully little one will move from back to back as you progress and that may help.

If you haven't already try a nice warm bath and some paracetamol, may help you to get through for a bit longer.

Here cheering you on thanks won't be long till you meet baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now