Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Protien and blood in urine 37+5 weeks

(8 Posts)
Advice451 Thu 13-Nov-14 22:33:45

Just that really, felt pretty rubbish all week, had quite a bad headache and huge Swolen feet and hands. Hands have been numb throughout the days and just really uncomfortable. Saw midwife today and my blood preassure was high, she was shocked as normally I have low blood preassure and was previously on medication for it. She sent me to the day unit. They tested my urine and found + protein and 3+ blood. Then tested my blood pressure 3 times and it all seemed in normal range- high for me but normal for anyone else.
This was all quite rushed as the day unit shut at 7 and they told me to go see a midwife on Saturday.. Any idea why? I thought blood in urine wouldn't be a good sign? I feel rubbish and unsure wether to pester someone tomorrow or if it's a waste of time

Smileysar1 Thu 13-Nov-14 22:52:40

Blood can indicate a urine infection. I would get it checked again tomo if I were you.... Good luck!! Hoping it's nothing too serious x

Showy Thu 13-Nov-14 22:58:10

How much has your bp raised by?

It doesn't matter if it's in the normal range, it's how much it has gone up by.

The blood can indicate infection. Did they test for leukocytes?

Lexia123 Thu 13-Nov-14 23:00:32

Not wanting to scare you, but I thought it was a sign of pre-eclampsia? Best to get checked - I would pester and get them to see you and be reassured. Especially if you are feeling unwell. Hope you get it sorted x

Advice451 Fri 14-Nov-14 09:34:01

My booking in blood pressure was 100/60
Yesterday at midwife it was 134/92
At the day unit they monitored it over 40 minutes and it was 120/86, 120/75 and then 120/75 again. I'm unsure if this is high or not? She asked me if I had had a show or anything but didn't mention infection. Been up being sick in the night just feel rubbish sad

Showy Fri 14-Nov-14 14:26:41

If the bottom figure is significantly raised from booking in, you need to be well monitored. Good that it went down again but I think you need to be seen today to establish the reason for the urine abnormalities and what your bp is now. Best case, it's an infection but even that needs sorting.

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Sat 15-Nov-14 02:44:37

Swollen hands/feet and headache are also signs of pre-eclampsia (along with BP and 3+s of protein) so they probably want to keep a close eye on you for that. Have you had any flashy lights in your eyes, as that's another one?

Make sure they keep a close eye on you if all these symptoms remain. Take care x

differentnameforthis Sat 15-Nov-14 11:07:37

A BP where the lower figure is over 90 is a concern, and along with your other symptoms I think it was remiss of the day unit to dismiss you so easily!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now