Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

+ve result after a MMC in July

(17 Posts)
J0lew Thu 13-Nov-14 21:29:55

I had a MMC at 7 weeks back in July and have recently found out i am pregnant again, I cant help but feel terrified it will happen again. I am doing a test every day and I know I shouldn't be getting so worked up about it but so much easier said than done.

I have no symptoms and I have spoken to my GP but cant get an appointment until I will be about 9 weeks I was hoping to get an early scan but doubt that will happen so close to christmas, I really am going to drive myself crazy if it happens again.

Does anyone know of a way I can see a midwife sooner because my GP is having nothing to do with me even though i have voiced my concerns.

ToriB34 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:36:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bondy83 Thu 13-Nov-14 22:16:17

I had a mmc last year and when I fell pregnant this time midwife just said it was unlikely to happen again and to keep doing pregnancy tests but unofficially said to ring epu to say I'd had some bleeding & I'd be offered a reassurance scan. I didn't feel comfortable lying about bleeding to get a scan when there could be other women genuinely losing their baby so I opted to pay for a private reassurance scan at 7 wks which was worth every penny on seeing & hearing our babies heartbeat

J0lew Thu 13-Nov-14 22:21:59

Thanks girls at least I'm not going mad I'm gonna call epu in the morning. Not sure I can fib about bleeding either, but might pay for a scan if epu cant help.

Going to drive myself crazy if not!

mineofuselessinformation Thu 13-Nov-14 22:35:08

I totally understand where you're coming from.... A mmc can leave you feeling like your body has already tricked you once, so you don't trust any future pregnancy.
Go for the scan if you want. I was helped by a lovely midwife who let me go weekly to listen to the heartbeat until I could relax - it really made a difference.

LittleBairn Thu 13-Nov-14 22:42:33

I know 9 weeks is a long time to wait but at least if there is a heartbeat at 9 weeks then there is only a 1% chance of loss from that point on.
If you have an earlier scan then it may only cause more stress the data is out of date as soon as its over and that doesn't mean a MC may not happen leading to a false sense of security.

Have you had your booking in appoitment yet?

J0lew Thu 13-Nov-14 23:07:20

Thanks again, I will get my booking appointment at 9 weeks which is why I think I will have to wait till after Christmas for a scan. But equally understand what you mean about a false sense of security.

TinyMonkey Fri 14-Nov-14 09:52:17

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I had a mmc last July and am now 36 weeks pregnant. I was very lucky in that my gp took my anxiety seriously and referred me for a scan at 7+4 (although I think if I'd seen my usual Dr she probably wouldn't have). Tbh, it only really reassured me for a few hours, and then I fretted for the next five weeks. The wait between the 12 week and 20 week scan was also quite stressful.

It's really hard, your innocence has gone once you've had a loss, but at some point I just had to try and trust my body again. Best of luck, I hope it all works out well for you this time.

J0lew Sat 15-Nov-14 07:23:05

Thankyou all the EPU can't help unfortunately so think I'm going to wait it out, I will keep u posted fingers crossed smile

J0lew Fri 26-Dec-14 14:03:02

Got my scan on Tuesday, feeling so nervous now had a little spotting at 6 & 7 weeks so think it maybe all over but still not given up all hope No symptoms other than slightly sore breasts.

Just waiting it out now.

TheScenicRoute Fri 26-Dec-14 16:44:59

I bled a little spotting at 8 weeks and I'm 31 weeks with healthy twins now. It's more common than people realise to have spotting, you are right to be optimistic. X

Rockchick1984 Fri 26-Dec-14 18:09:07

I had tons more pregnancy symptoms with my MMC than I did in either of my successful pregnancies, so please don't think that a lack of symptoms means anything bad!

Good luck for your scan, how many weeks are you now?

J0lew Fri 26-Dec-14 19:21:49

Thanks 11+5 hopefully i will be 12+2 on day of the scan.

J0lew Wed 31-Dec-14 03:20:06

Hi just to update you all I had my scan yesterday and so far so good can't believe how relieved I feel. Can't wait till my next one!

Thanks everyone guess we actually need to believe its happening now!

Sorehead Wed 31-Dec-14 04:58:37

Congratulations! Hope the rest of your pregnancy is happy and healthy smile

SingRingPing Wed 31-Dec-14 08:00:56

Congratulations glad everything is well!!
I had a mmc in July too and I have my 12 week scan a week today! I was 11.5 when I found out last time, and I'm 11.5 now! shock I've had a private scan at 9 weeks though and all ok plus I've had terrible morning sickness this time so fingers crossed.
Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy!

J0lew Thu 01-Jan-15 08:53:31

Aww thanks will be thinking of you next week sing ring ping x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now