Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First Braxton Hicks feelings, what to expect?

(5 Posts)
TheScenicRoute Thu 13-Nov-14 21:21:10

Hi,

A quarter of my bump just went rock hard, not painful.

Do Braxton Hicks effect the entire bump all at once? Do they start in one place and then rAdiate over the rest of the bump? I'm 25 weeks today, I'm not sure what or when to expect them

Thanks.

enqueue Thu 13-Nov-14 21:35:54

What I have had that I think is BHs has involved the whole lot going very tense. After a variety of different stimuli, including weeing at one point. I'm 29w with #1 so no idea if this is the norm!

TheScenicRoute Thu 13-Nov-14 22:41:55

Do you find them unnerving or does it feel OK when you experience them?

enqueue Fri 14-Nov-14 09:55:24

Umm, it is a bit odd I suppose. I do a lot of running, which currently involves a lot of weeing, and the combo of having done a wee and getting up from a squatting position seems to be a double trigger, and that can feel quite strange. Also the fact it makes my belly change shape - I am fairly slim so I think this is quite noticeable. What's more unnerving is the fact that now I can feel him kicking under my ribs if I'm at all scrunched up!

Jersey37 Fri 14-Nov-14 11:17:23

Yes I think that is what it is... not really painful... just rock hard and can make it uncomfortable to do much like walking around...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now