Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Solvents at work

(2 Posts)
sarah00001 Thu 13-Nov-14 20:07:06

Hi, last Thursday they were gluing some fire labels onto the wall outside my office using a sealant, which contained solvents. They also removed some stickers using a different solvent. I'm 7 weeks 2 days pregnant.

I was away when the work was carried out, but when I returned the following monday, there was still an odour from the solvents in the corridor.

I've since found out that some of the risks of the sealant include ''Possible risk of harm to the unborn child'' and ''Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child.''

I'm so worried in case the odours that I breathed in on Monday may have caused harm to my baby.

Does anyone know if solvent odours can be harmful even after a few days? Can solvent odours last a long time?

Many thanks,

Sarah

Findingthisdifficult1234 Fri 14-Nov-14 07:02:41

I think you would have to breathe them in alot over a long period of time (like if you worked with these solvents all the time)
I'm sure one day won't harm. Though I understand its such a worry, I've panicked about things like this too.
All the best in your pregnancy op x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now