Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Preeclampsia and IUGR

(2 Posts)
polkapretty Thu 13-Nov-14 13:32:19

Hi
Im looking for some advice, I already have two dc, my first I had very severe preeclampsia and had her early, my 2nd dc, I was monitored closely throughout and it turned out I had IUGR and had an emergency C section. I was thinking of having a 3rd and final dc but am scared and frightened and don't know whether to go through it all again. It took me 5 years to pluck up the courage to have number 2. Just looking for some advice and for people who have had similar experiences.
Thanks smile

Katnipp Thu 13-Nov-14 20:00:31

Similar position severe pe first time round, very early and iugr baby. Now expecting 2nd after 5 yr gap as it took that long to feel ready for it again. Doppler scan shows issues with placenta and growth already slowing. Am preparing myself for another early and small baby. Know there is now way I can go through this again (am just about to ask about being sterilised if I get to have elcs and not emcs).

Ultimately only you know if you can cope with the same issues again. I'm hopeful this time I won't get pe as they already know placenta is crap so I'm unlikely to get that far along! My main worry is coping being very ill with existing child (meds last time made me a zombie for weeks and that's not count the 3 week hospital stay post delivery).

All you can do is hope for best but prepare and be sure you can cope with a repeat of previous issues. I know if I thought I couldn't cope with the same happening again I'd have never tried for a second.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now