Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Physio for SPD

(6 Posts)
birdofthenorth Thu 13-Nov-14 13:29:02

I'm 22 weeks pg (DC3, fifth pregnancy- 2MCs) and have had pelvic and back pain for 4 weeks now. To my joy I have a physio appointment tomorrow morning. Anybody had one for SPD? What should I expect? Is is daft to be a bit shy that the worst pain is on the inner upper thigh (ie right next to my vag?!)

FluffyJawsOfDoom Thu 13-Nov-14 17:25:43

That's the normal area for spd pain so they will be totally unphased. My spd appointment comprised an examination of my posture, looking at excercises I could do and discussing my footwear lol

MrTumblesSpottyHag Thu 13-Nov-14 17:50:47

You'll probably be asked to strip down to your knickers, so if you're like me and let things get a bit furry in the winter you might want a trim wink

eastcoastmum2014 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:55:33

I had one at about the same time, she gave me exercises to do, checked my posture, freed up my hip which had seized and gave me a big lecture on pelvic floor exercises lol!! She wont be fazed by where your pain is, everyone with SPD gets it worse in different places... for me its my hips. Good luck x

TriciaMcM Thu 13-Nov-14 21:59:26

My flat mate in first year uni was a Physio student and on their first day they all had to strip to their underwear (male and female obviously) as were told they had to get used to bodies asap! Very embarrassing for a bunch of 17/18 year olds, but I'm sure your Physio has seen a lot since then smile Don't worry!

birdofthenorth Thu 13-Nov-14 22:25:11

Thank you all! So hoping I have some non-faded and non-sexy clean pants to wear!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now