Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Elcs question

(12 Posts)
sophie150 Wed 12-Nov-14 22:18:26

Hello, I'm sure it varies hospital to hospital and is very dependent on the number of emcs but just to get an idea- if you had an elcs what time did you have the operation? Just wondering what's the latest it could happen? Thanks!

meglet Wed 12-Nov-14 22:30:00

This was 6yrs ago. I had to arrive for 8am (or was it 7:30am?) and seemed to be one of 3 women also pencilled in for ELCS's that day.

I deliberately rushed getting my gown on and being ready waiting on my bed and ended up 1st on the list. Was in theatre by 9am and DD out by 9:30.

sophie150 Wed 12-Nov-14 22:33:47

Wow that was quick! Good tip on getting ready quickly. I'm just keen not to hang around all day- I know I will get more and more anxious!

cheesecakemom Wed 12-Nov-14 22:43:56

I was told to arrive at 7 am!!!
Only to be told I was third in the queue. They didn't start till around 11 am. Before that I decided to sleep on the bed they provided.

colafrosties Wed 12-Nov-14 22:50:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mexicantortilla Thu 13-Nov-14 02:03:21

Arrived for 7.30, but they had emcs which took precedence they kept saying I would be next, I was starving as had been fasting from 10pm the night before, they then said it would be the next day but actually took me to theatre about 5pm. I'm dreading this all over again. Good luck x

HappyAsASandboy Thu 13-Nov-14 09:18:14

We had to arrive at 8am.

We'd previously been warned that EMCS could delay things and that two people would have been booked for the day. They said they do the two planned sections in order of risk - riskiest lady first.

I was the riskiest lady as I was carrying twins. There were no EMCS (that I was aware of).

By the time we'd got booked in, blood pressure etc taken, changed into gowns (DH too) etc we went to theatre at about 10am. DS and DD born at 10.29 and 10.30 smile

Passthebiscuitspls Thu 13-Nov-14 10:41:29

I was also told to arrive at 8am. There were a couple of emergencies that held things up but Dd eventually arrived at 2:06pm. I was bloody starving!!

sophie150 Thu 13-Nov-14 13:23:11

Thanks everyone. Looks like I need to be prepared to wait a while. Fingers crossed I get lucky and go early!

Heels99 Thu 13-Nov-14 13:25:16

Also you could go into labour before the date you were booked for CS. That happened to me.

Heels99 Thu 13-Nov-14 13:26:05

So instead oF a planned section it was an emergency one and had to be transferred to a different hospital.

Good luck!

YellowYoYoYam Thu 13-Nov-14 13:37:35

Reading this I feel a bit blush. They asked us to come in for 9:30, but I thought there was no way we'd be seen then, so we took a leisurely pace. In my defence, I was on the emergency list rather than a scheduled c-section, so I guess I had more reason than most to think I'd be hanging around. Anyway, at 9:40 they phoned to ask if we were still coming! We were only 5mins away by then, so we were taken straight along and DS arrived at 11am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now