Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Transverse baby 37 weeks

(7 Posts)
nicky6785 Wed 12-Nov-14 18:23:25

Hi every1 I'm 37+2 weeks with baby no3 had a groth scan 2 weeks ago and baby was small 4lb 10oz and head down 3/5th then had another scan this week and he's put on weight is now 5lb 5oz but this time he's lifted hisself out of my pelvis and is now lying transverse (sideways) with head on the left. Doc said he wants me to have anther scan next weeks and if he's not turned back round then I'll have to stay in hospital but didn't say what they would do was wondering if they may try turning him or give me c-section I'll be 38weeks went I go in could any one give me any advise on what they may do. Thanks every 1 xx

EssexMummy123 Wed 12-Nov-14 20:35:42

Think a lot of places don't do turning - risk of cord getting wrapped round, there was a very tragic thread about that on here a few days ago. Which i guess leaves C-section - oh hang on, there's a website with tips on how to get baby into right position spinningbabies.com/

ToriB34 Wed 12-Nov-14 20:38:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RevoltingPeasant Wed 12-Nov-14 22:14:29

OP the thread people are referring to was started by a poster called, I think, himynameisfred and was called something like "are people aware of the dangers of ECV?" If you think you might be offered this procedure I'd totally read that thread plus the other one the op links to where she says what happened to her baby as a result.

It is VERY upsetting but I am so glad I read it, and as a result would never have that procedure.

Twizzle11 Thu 13-Nov-14 12:23:34

Hi my second son was transverse and I was in and out of hospital as he kept turning was put in hospital at 39 weeks being told that posible c section but at 40+2 he moved head down and I went into labour .
So sometimes they do move on there own . Hopefully the same for you x

nicky6785 Thu 13-Nov-14 17:18:17

thanks every1 for your advice was really helpful.
Midwife came round this morning and he hasn't moved still in transvers and yeah she said they will more then likely book me in for C/S really not happy about it tho had a C/S with my 1st son 11 yrs ago im a very active person and hate being bedridden but as long as my little mans ok then Thats the main thing. Fingers crossed he turns round tho. Thanks for all your comments xx

nicky6785 Wed 19-Nov-14 10:15:59

Hi all �� just thought is update u. I had my scan yesterday to see if baby had move and he has (thankgod) he's head down with his back on the right. I was so happy I didnt have to stay in and have a c/s. so now my birth plan can go ahead as planed ���� xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now