Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sleeping on my front

(7 Posts)
MakeMeWarmThisWinter Wed 12-Nov-14 11:14:54

I always get to sleep on my front - usually end up on my back but I love lying on my front to go to sleep.

I'm about 11 weeks pregnant and it's still comfy - is there any reason I should stop? I'm sure it won't be comfy soon! It just feels so lovely and supportive to my sore boobs and swollen tummy.

cowbiscuits Wed 12-Nov-14 11:28:46

I'm a front sleeper too. I am still sleeping on my front at 16 weeks, but doubt I can do it for much longer as I have a bump now. It's not feeling squashed when I lie on my front. I think it depends a little bit on your body shape. In my first pregnancy I had to stop before 10 weeks as my boobs were too sore.

You'll know when your bump is too big, it will start to feel uncomfortable.

Dreading when I have to sleep on my side, I struggle to get comfortable. I recommend lots of pillows later on (no rush yet). I got a huge U shaped pregnancy pillow, but in restrospect I should have got two bolster cushions which would be more flexible and easy to use.

ToriB34 Wed 12-Nov-14 11:46:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cowbiscuits Wed 12-Nov-14 15:52:24

The trick to side lying is lots of pillows, one in between your knees makes it more confortable, and another behind your back. When you are furtehr along you'll probably need one under the bump (think I did this from about 26 weeks with ds)

Although I have a pregnancy pillow in the loft, I think I'm going to buy bolster pillows this time.

fishfingerSarnies Wed 12-Nov-14 15:57:13

Still on my tummy at 22 weeks got a proper bump but I put loads of pillows under the bits that aren't bump to reduce the amount of pressure on it. First pregnancy I tried side sleeping and barely slept from about 12 weeks this time I'm staying on my tummy as long as possible.

fishfingerSarnies Wed 12-Nov-14 15:58:07

Oh also using a spare duvet works wonders if you don't fancy shelling out for a pregnancy pillow. You can roll it up into all sorts of fab ways.

TheScenicRoute Wed 12-Nov-14 20:30:56

I'm 25 weeks and my delicious tummy sleeping is long a thing of the past! Even when I had a bump I still kept doing it until I started to get sore on my tummy. Then I started side sleeping with a wedge pillow under my bump like an oversized door stop, but tended to roll too far forward and wake up sore again. I found that a thick pillow between my thighs and knee, but extending in front of me about 1/2 a foot stopped me rolling forwards kept me confortably on my side. Then I seemed to go through a period of finding I'd been asleep on my back (which is banned apparently). Now I'm exclusively side to side. I bought a temper mattress recently (not because of the pregnancy, just life happening), it's fabulous for bump support, no need for my wedge any more, but by god it's a bugger to get out of after I've sunk deep into the mattress... It's like climbing a mountain just to get out of bed and go for a wee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now