Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constant trapped wind in stomach - is this normal???

(12 Posts)
Cullen8 Wed 12-Nov-14 04:54:05

Hi, I am brand new to all this. 5weeks preg wth 1st child & for the last 3 days I have had the worst stomach pains from trapped wind. I don't know anyone else that has had this as a symptom before & I am kind of freaking out. Has this happened to anyone else? sad

whitechocolatestars Wed 12-Nov-14 04:59:11

Yes I often did in first trimester. Try to eat small portions regularly rather than big meals, exercise if you're up to it, or else gaviscon works well and is safe to use. It shouldn't last throughout.

whitechocolatestars Wed 12-Nov-14 04:59:29

And congratulations!

whitechocolatestars Wed 12-Nov-14 05:01:57

Usual disclaimer, see a doctor if you're worried

Cullen8 Wed 12-Nov-14 05:10:45

Whitechocolatestars - you have no idea how relieved I am to hear that! It jutted doesn't seem to be a symptom that gets mentioned a lot. How long did it last 4 with you? Thanks heaps smile

Minion Wed 12-Nov-14 05:39:43

Peppermint tea and getting on all fours with bum in air are your best friends right about now.
It goes, I promise...

HappyAsASandboy Wed 12-Nov-14 07:37:48

Yes, entirely normal. You might start farting all the time too.

Peppermint tea always helped for me smile

LG1979 Wed 12-Nov-14 08:01:32

I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant and have been 'windy' for the last 2-3 weeks! Apparently it's totally normal in the beginning smile

Lea2014 Wed 12-Nov-14 08:08:34

Im currently 18wks and have just started experiencing this got too 29 without getting tramped wind - Not bad! i swear by Rennie Deflatine they ease the pains and help with bloating, good luck and congrats smile

LetticeKnollys Wed 12-Nov-14 08:18:11

I had a phase of this around the end of the first/beginning of the second tri. Hope it passes for you too!

Rumplestrumpet Wed 12-Nov-14 10:12:54

Aha, glad I'm not the only one Cullen! I'm also 5 weeks, and yesterday I was so swollen DH thought I looked more like 5 months! I'm having to wear a loose shirt today, but really hope this isn't going to last or I'll be having to buy a new wardrobe way sooner than I expected... And struggle to keep it a secret another 7 weeks!

I've also found that mint tea helps, as does getting down on all fours, leanind forward with my head on a pillow to , er, ease it out (but I've decided to do this away from DH for the time being, figure we don't need that level of closeness just yet...) Oh, and keeping warm seems to help too, might try a hot water bottle, though I need to check with midwife as she warned me against hot water bottles during our fertility treatment.

Best of luck and congrats on the pregnancy!

eastcoastmum2014 Wed 12-Nov-14 10:14:38

I was burping and farting for about the first 3 months (sorry if TMI)!! At 8 weeks I would look 6 months gone after a meal lol! One of those pregnancy symptoms that no one tells you about! I found eating small amounts and keeping away from any gassy foods the best plan of action! Hope it passes, mine stopped about 12-13 weeks..... congrats on your new little one... Its all worth it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now