Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36 weeks feeling lots of pressure in pelvis

(5 Posts)
2014MrsH Tue 11-Nov-14 22:57:27

Hi ladies, I'm 36+2, baby is 4/5 engaged and today I've been feeling lots of pressure down there along with minor period pains every so often - definitely not labour I think.

Is this normal? And how long in your experiences does it take until baby is fully engaged?

Getting nervous now!

Nononon Tue 11-Nov-14 23:13:42

I'm 36+2 too!! Is this your first? It can take weeks or days for baby to become fully engaged so it's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question I'm afraid. I've been told my baby is 4/5ths engaged too but as it's my second that it could bob in and out of the pelvis. I haven't been much help sorry but good luck!

dorasee Tue 11-Nov-14 23:19:12

I had this from about 30-32 weeks, possibly earlier
I've had it in all of my pregnancies and went onwards without complications. I found it occurred on long days out with the kids or if I did too much housework or took long walks. Sometimes I took a warm bath or just stopped to put my feet up and totally relax.

2014MrsH Wed 12-Nov-14 11:51:54

Thanks for your replies. *Nonagon Yep this is my first which is probably why I was unsure as to what to expect at 4/5ths. Long wait to go yet me thinks!

*Dorasee I'll try a warm bath and just relaxing next time I feel any pressure there. There I was thinking baby is only a week or so away smile

TheHermitCrab Wed 12-Nov-14 12:24:38

I've had it since about 28 weeks. Carrying low and feel like I'm carting a sack of spuds around with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now