Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

14 weeks, gastroenteritis and several wipes of brown blood?

(6 Posts)
N1982 Tue 11-Nov-14 19:15:14

I'm 14 weeks with gastroenteritis and had a fair amount of brown blood yesterday but even more this evening. Quite a few wipes worth. It seems to be happening after I vomit. Could it be the force of the vomitting? I will be calling midwife first thing

ReallyTired Tue 11-Nov-14 19:16:55

You need to see either your midwife or GP as soon as possible. I hope that everything is alright for you.

BlinkAndMiss Tue 11-Nov-14 19:23:50

Try not to worry, if it's after vomiting it's likely the straining has irritated your cervix. You really should be checked out though, do you have the number for your midwife or the EPU? I'd ring sooner rather than later just to make sure there isn't something you should be doing/not doing. I hope you feel better soon and that everything is ok.

N1982 Tue 11-Nov-14 19:25:39

I don't think there's a number I can call at this time of day but will check x

blackwidow74 Tue 11-Nov-14 21:20:29

Brown would suggest old discharge possibly dislodged with the straining and loose belly. as the other ladies have said give the labour ward a call who can point you to early pregnancy or a midwife to advise. or visit your a&e ... They can get you seen! x

naty1 Tue 11-Nov-14 22:41:33

Supposedly dehydration can cause spotting. If possible make sure to drink enough water

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now