Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity swimwear - big boobs!!

(12 Posts)
ilovechops Tue 11-Nov-14 18:01:48

I've been hunting for a suitable tankini or costume for a few weeks now and come up with nothing!!

So far just wearing my normal bikini with a costume over the top but costume is too tight now and we are going on hols next week so I need something to wear on the beach.

I ordered a tankini from Seraphine but it's not supportive and too small. I am a size 10 with (currently!) 32FF boobs so I need support and and find anything decent. I can wear underwire (midwife said is fine) but I don't want a bikini.

Has anyone found any solution to this?! I've looked at bravissimo but there aren't maternity tankinis and as my bump is already 22wks and noticeable I want something to last till the end. Also looked at Figleaves but they don't look supportive and are just sized as 10/12/14 etc which just doesn't work on big boobs!

Can anyone help?!

RedRose27 Tue 11-Nov-14 18:28:38

I had the same problem when I was pregnant (size 10, 32G). Went on hols when I was 23 weeks and wore my usual tankini tops, but just bought some plain maternity bottoms from Next which I found to be ok. I did try them both on when I was very heavily pregnant and pretty much still did the job. My tankini tops are Debenhams bra sized, a bit like this:
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_064020302245_-1
I spent hours searching online for bra-sized maternity swimsuits but couldn't find any sad
Good luck x

londonlivvy Tue 11-Nov-14 18:30:05

I had a similar problem. Maternity tankinis didnt have the space for my 32GG preg boobs. in the end i went to brastop.co.uk and got a cheapish bikini in the right bra size and just brazened it out. I think the only other solution would be to wear a maternity vest top over the top of the bikini to hide your middle if you feel strongly about that.

I'd be v interested to hear if anyone else managed to find bra sized maternity tankinis.

Happilymarried155 Tue 11-Nov-14 19:00:58

Nope, got the same problem here. Still haven't solved it!!

rubyboo2 Tue 11-Nov-14 20:17:12

Hi I was 40dd and normally a size 14 and managed a costume from Mothercare had to get 18 , but not sure if they have them in now its winter. My boobs have gone up to a 42e and it still fits . Maybe they sell them online ?

Pico2 Tue 11-Nov-14 21:22:10

Try this - up to a G.

FruitBadger Tue 11-Nov-14 22:04:46

I've just bought a JoJo Maman maternity tankini in a Small (eBay cheapie as it's only really for the birthing pool in case I want it) but I'm currently a 32G and wearing maternity trousers in 8-10, I'd be quite happy wearing it on holiday too X

KentExpecting Tue 11-Nov-14 22:48:28

I recently bought a fairly simple black swimsuit at Mothercare. Had to return it as way too big at the top. I'm 38DD and there was A LOT of space left in there somehow... That might be an option??

Elletorrito Tue 11-Nov-14 23:54:39

Hi. I got a panache bikini about a week before hols so that the cup size would be accurate. They do tankinis too. I'm on second pregnancy and v keen to avoid stretching my boobs too much with unsupportive clothing. I reckon it is worth the expense- I really don't want a boob job in a couple of years.

Aussiegirl14 Wed 12-Nov-14 07:28:24

I had a similar problem and have gone from a 32 C to a 34 F! Tried a couple of different types and by far the best are from Decathlon. They only cost about £15 and they have a good selection...not sure if you could order online. I've used mine loads and it has kept its shape. Also comes high up to keep boobs in!

HazleNutt Wed 12-Nov-14 08:45:50

I just wore a bikini. This is the one time when you don't have to worry about rolls of belly fat, after all. grin Show the bump off, no need to hide it.

rubyboo2 Thu 13-Nov-14 08:35:43

Hi OP Ive just spotted maternity costumes online for Asda cheap too .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now