Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Different gender different pregnancy?

(17 Posts)
Sockstealer Tue 11-Nov-14 17:16:54

Has anyone has totally different pregnancy symptoms resulting in a boy/girl?

I had no sickness with ds but having loads this time so wondering if it means a girl.

lemonpoppyseed Tue 11-Nov-14 17:25:24

I had two virtually identical pregnancies. I have a DS and a DD. smile

mumofthreegirls80 Tue 11-Nov-14 17:26:20

Pregnant with 3rd girl! Bad morning sickness with 1st 2 but none with this one grin just been extra tired and no energy throughout with this little one. I'm 36 weeks now! smile

babyblabber Tue 11-Nov-14 17:27:18

I have one of each and both pregnancies were identical. I have 2 friends who had two boys each and easy pregnancies with them and then were really sick third time around so convinced they were having girls and both had boys again.

Don't think you can ever tell to be honest!

TheKitchenWitch Tue 11-Nov-14 17:29:49

I have been sick as a dog this time round, totally different symptoms to last time, so everyone was convinced it must be a girl.....just found out today that it's another boy!grin

Sockstealer Tue 11-Nov-14 17:37:55

Ooh congratulations thekitchenwitch.

I wonder what makes us so sick second time around. You'd have thought your body would be used to it.

SomeSunnySunday Tue 11-Nov-14 18:30:59

I have 2 boys and am expecting a girl. All of my pregnancies have been different. I've been really sick with all of them (HG with pregnancies 2 & 3), getting progressively worse and lasting longer each time (i.e. manageably sick up to 14 weeks with DS1, hospitalised / medicated / signed off work sick up to 20 weeks with DS2 and around the same level of ill as with DS2 but lasting up to 26 weeks this time). Other symptoms have varied wildly. However with my boys I found that my skin was really nice while I was pregnant; this time around it's been absolutely awful (acne gave way to eczema somewhere around 30 weeks).

GreenSpaghetti Tue 11-Nov-14 18:37:11

2 DDs and 2 different pregnancies. Mostly related to fitness / levels of activity but also had no morning sickness first time and a fair amount second

ClariceBeanthatsme Tue 11-Nov-14 18:48:09

DD felt very sick and was very sick. With DS just felt sick never actually sick once.
Also my bump was really high with DD and with DS carried low.

basgetti Tue 11-Nov-14 18:48:40

I had a boy first time, quite a difficult pregnancy with HG but that eased off eventually, I developed GD but that didn't really cause any problems and I had a straightforward induced birth. This time I'm expecting a girl, no GD but the HG has been horrendous, I've had repeated hospital admissions and have been unable to come off medication at any time. Baby is also transverse so if no change in a couple of weeks I'll also be looking at a section too. The girl has definitely been worse for me!

TheKitchenWitch Tue 11-Nov-14 18:57:34

I wasn't expecting to feel so crap this time, I admit, but I'm quite a bit older, so wounded if that had anything to do with it.

mumxof3x Tue 11-Nov-14 19:25:32

1st pregnancy, felt great part from dizzy spells. Had a boy
2nd pregnancy (18mo later) sick as a dog, exhausted, headaches lost 1.5st...had a boy
3rd pregnancy (18 mo after my 2nd) spotty, sicky, headaches tired etc etc....boy

They all felt different. Having no4 now dont know what it is only 13wks but feels similar to ds3 pregnancy so far x

Norfolknway Tue 11-Nov-14 19:26:53

2 identical pregnancies
boy and a girl

Babytinx11 Tue 11-Nov-14 20:19:04

I've had a very different pregnancy this time to when I was expecting DS and expecting a girl but I'm not convinced babys sex has much of an impact on how your pregnancy goes

Only1scoop Tue 11-Nov-14 20:20:50

No it means nothing Hg with dd
Hg with ds
Vile confused

rubyboo2 Wed 12-Nov-14 09:27:36

My 1st a son = no symptoms at all . 2nd son HG and dizzy spells . 3rd son every symptom going !

BeginnerSAHM Wed 12-Nov-14 09:49:21

No - very similar pregnancies with DC1 (boy) and DC2 (girl). Reckon about 50% of mums will say different for different sexes and 50% will say the same... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now