Talk

Advanced search

Upper back pain? Everything I google only talks about low back pain

(7 Posts)
Advice451 Tue 11-Nov-14 16:41:31

I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant
And I have the worst pain in the top of my back, it's making me so uncomfortable, it was really bad over the weekend and tends to come and go but today has been constant. Id say it's where about my bra strap sits
It's nothing to do with the size of my chest and I've spent all day with my back supported and have taken paracetamol nothing's helping!
Has anyone else had this numbing ache?! Anything to help?
Everything I google just talks about lower back pain meaning labour sad

WorkingBling Tue 11-Nov-14 16:58:50

Could be anything but I would recommend seei a Chiro or physio. Or at worst, go get a massage! grin

pippinleaf Tue 11-Nov-14 17:06:25

Rib flare. It's at my left hand side bra strap. It's AWFUL and I've had it since 28 weeks

MelanieWiggles Tue 11-Nov-14 17:11:49

Yes, I've had it and it is horrific. Have you a decent, supportive bra (good quality eg mothercare does not suffice !) - I found this helped a lot. Physio also helped, as did yoga. But the bra first and foremost.

Jodie1982 Tue 11-Nov-14 17:12:36

I've got exact same thing Hun, had it in my last pregnancy too. Right hand side, at the back of my bra strap, I'm constantly arching my back with the discomfort. It's like a burning ache isn't it. My co-dydramol doesn't even help. I don't know what else to do. I feel your pain.

Bondy83 Tue 11-Nov-14 17:17:49

I have the same the only thing that ever helps Me is to have a hot water bottle across my back

Showy Tue 11-Nov-14 17:21:53

I had it left side, right where my bra strap was. I saw a physio for it. Rib flare here too. Went at the point of birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now