Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40 weeks today high blood pressure help!!!!!!

(4 Posts)
mrscelik Tue 11-Nov-14 15:17:04

Hey I hope some one can advise me .....
Basically since last Friday my blood pressure has risen it was always sitting at 102/70 .... but Friday it was 140/84 today I went to get my blood pressure checked again today (not by my usual midwife today) and bp was 145/86 so as u can see its rising they stated its not worryingly high .. but I can't help worrying
Also since my appointment this morning I have had a really bad head ache !!!!
I have no protein in my urine and bloods normal so I am really not sure what's going on this is my 1st pregnancy aswell hope someone can help

crazykat Tue 11-Nov-14 16:12:35

Did you have the headache before your blood pressure was taken? Headaches can raise blood pressure, my normal blood pressure is 100/60 but when I had it taken in pregnancy and had a headache it could be as high as 140/100 which isn't high compared to the average but was quite high for me.

You can always ask for a second opinion or see if its possible to speak to your GP, or phone your midwife and tell her you're concerned.

mrscelik Wed 12-Nov-14 00:38:32

I didn't have a headache before my bp was taken it wasn't until a few hours later I still have it slightly but not as bad as it was this afternoon

upduffedsecret Wed 12-Nov-14 14:21:59

I have naturally high bp so am closely monitored. If I go over 150/90 they have to see me (and change my medication).

there is natural variation anyway, honestly there isn't really much difference between 140/84 and 145/86, it can vary that much within a few minutes.

Combined with the headache, though, I'd phone the GP or Midwife (or consultant if you are under consultant-led care). just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now