Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling less than perky after sweep

(5 Posts)
OhMjh Tue 11-Nov-14 13:32:24

I had a membrane sweep yesterday at 39+3 ( given one early because of fractured rib/no room for baby because I'm so petite/ extreme muscular pain) which was apparently very successful. My midwife could get two fingers into my cervix, feel the baby's head to the point she could tell how much hair she has, it had come forward, was soft and thinning.

I had a little blood loss afterwards and was crampy for the whole of yesterday with moderate back pain. Last night and today, I have been losing a considerable amount of very thick jelly discharge tinged pink which I can only assume is my plug/show, I didn't sleep at all, but I also feel incredibly nauseous ( something I haven't had at all through my pregnancy ) as though I'm about to vomit and my appetite has completely disappeared - is this normal post- sweep stuff going on? Should I take how crap I'm feeling as a good sign?

nottheOP Tue 11-Nov-14 13:36:02

They all sound like positive signs to me, especially the plug loss. DS was here within 24 hours of my bloody show.

Try and get some rest. I hope the nausea passes. Keep your fluids up.

Quitelikely Tue 11-Nov-14 13:38:17

Sooo exciting! Maybe today is the day! Keep us posted. Any period like aches or pains?

OhMjh Tue 11-Nov-14 13:39:54

Period aches intermittently since yesterday and feeling of needing to wee has increased too..fingers crossed!

amy83firsttimer Tue 11-Nov-14 17:17:40

Any update

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now