Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Insect repellent

(5 Posts)
Siarie Tue 11-Nov-14 12:50:49

I'm going to be travelling to Antigua shortly, I'll be around 20 weeks pregnant by then. As far as I'm aware Antigua has lots of mosquitos but does not have Malaria at present.

I don't really want to get bitten though, is insect repellent OK to use while pregnant? I would be happy to use a deet free one if anyone can recommend one?

ToniWol Tue 11-Nov-14 13:35:59

Avon Skin So Soft with Jojoba worked for me at camp over the summer. It has Citronella in so repels the insects naturally. Although I've no idea if the Antiguan insects would avoid it the same way the British ones do. The spray oil makes your skin feel lovely as well.

LittlePeasMummy1 Tue 11-Nov-14 13:38:35

Here is a patient information leaflet that summarises all of the available scientific information on use of insect repellents in pregnancy. Hope this helps

www.medicinesinpregnancy.org/Medicine--pregnancy/Insect-repellents/

Siarie Tue 11-Nov-14 15:40:42

Thanks for the replies, I couldn't get a straight answer out of google. I think I'll try the Avon one!

BakingBunty Tue 11-Nov-14 16:51:29

Neals Yard do a citronella spray that works a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now