Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Baby not kicking 23+ weeks , First Pregnancy

(5 Posts)
NewMumGT Tue 11-Nov-14 12:48:56

Hi Ladies,

I am going to be 24 weeks this Friday (14th) and baby is not yet kicking, this is my first pregnancy should I be worried?

Essexgirlupnorth Tue 11-Nov-14 12:51:16

Where is your placenta it should say on your scan report. Mine was anterior (on the front wall) so cushioned a lot of them and didn't feel movements till after my 20 week scan.
If your worried go and get checked out at the hospital.

Iloveweetos Tue 11-Nov-14 12:54:12

Sit down and drink a cold glass of water of squash. If no movement Go and get checked out.

BarryTheHatchet Tue 11-Nov-14 12:54:58

I didn't feel any kicks until about 22 weeks, I had an anterior placenta and was quite overweight as well, which I think probably contributes to not feeling movement so much.

iwantittobepink Tue 11-Nov-14 14:24:56

I never felt anything I couldn't prove wasn't wind until I was 24 weeks exactly... and then I saw my stomach moving! The midwifes told me not to worry until 28 weeks smile Hope that helps!! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now