Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

niggling pain on the left side, v early on (4ish weeks)

(6 Posts)
missmorse Tue 11-Nov-14 01:40:10

Hi all, I'm probably just being paranoid, but could do with some reassuring.

I've had a kind of niggling ache on my left side, just in from my hip bone, for a couple of days. It's not really that painful, but enough to be noticeable and annoying. No other symptoms really. And I'm only just pregnant -- officially only about 3 and a half weeks, although I suspect we actually conceived a week earlier than my official date.

A relative had an ectopic pregnancy last year that was very traumatic, so I think I'm just feeling super paranoid about any slight pain or possible symptom. I'm not in the UK and not booked to see a doctor til week 8, so don't have anyone to ask. thanks in advance!

HeadingHome Tue 11-Nov-14 07:20:22

Can you book in for an earlier scan?

pippinleaf Tue 11-Nov-14 07:35:50

Get ready for weeks and weeks of odd niggles, aches, sharp pains etc. I was really surprised by how much pregnancy lets you know it's there. I'm sure it's completely normal. I remember, even very early on, getting all sorts of odd symptoms. It's too early for a scan to do anything so just wait it out and feel reassured that you're not bleeding and having big period cramps (I used to get big period pain but no blood loss quite regularly - all normal) so your little baby is probably nesting.

ProbablyMe Tue 11-Nov-14 07:53:33

At that stage I would have though it was still implantation pain? Don't worry too much and Congratulations!!

missmorse Tue 11-Nov-14 14:35:10

Thanks folks -- I think this was just the reassurance I needed! (ps sorry for slow reply -- I'm in a different time zone...)

We're so pleased about this pregnancy, but super paranoid about all the things that can go wrong too.

Like, probably, everyone at this stage ;-)

Newlywed56 Tue 11-Nov-14 15:08:04

Congratulations -I wish you all the best in your pregnancy! Hopefully this reassures you - I too had a low left sided stomach pain and after feinting at roughly 5-6 weeks pregnant I was rushed to the epu. Thankfully it just turned out to be ligament stretching. Please do though listen to your body and it's best going to hospital if you have any concern (if sent to epu via A&E you don't need an appointment). They can do a 48 hour wait blood test which is beneficial If too early for a scan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now