Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Restless legs...

(13 Posts)
RetroHippy Mon 10-Nov-14 22:07:15

... Is this when you get an inexplible urge to air bicycle despite the fact that it's bedtime and you're knackered?

If it is, I've got it. It's annoying.

Jodie1982 Mon 10-Nov-14 22:36:10

Omg I've got it too, I'm so frustrated I could cry! I'm so tired but my legs won't just chill out for me. Bloody horrible isn't it. Hopefully we fall asleep soon sad

BraeburnIsNotHam Mon 10-Nov-14 22:46:36

I started to get restless legs towards the end of my pregnancy and 3 years on still sometimes get it hmm
Couple of things that work for me: lie on my front (I know, won't be possible when pregnant) or lie on my side with a small cushion/pillow between my knees. I have not worked out what triggers it.
Good luck and I hope it gets better soon...

RetroHippy Mon 10-Nov-14 22:47:29

A couple of laps of our three storey house seems to have done the trick. ignores the fact I now can't breathe

RetroHippy Mon 10-Nov-14 22:48:39

I used to get it occasionally pre-pregnancy. Was usually sorted by a bloody good orgasm.

Fat chance hmm

Purplehonesty Mon 10-Nov-14 22:50:06

Bar of soap under the bottom sheet down by your feet.
Works wonders but I have absolutely no idea why!!

Vijac Mon 10-Nov-14 22:56:28

I have it too, it's awful hmm.

ktd2u Mon 10-Nov-14 23:12:45

I had it pre-pregnancy and now got it bad during pregnancy. I feel like I want to permanently kick out. Restless bloody leg syndrome! Other than kicking my legs about and looking like a plonker - nothing works! confused

RetroHippy Mon 10-Nov-14 23:14:55

My feet are currently flapping about in the air like pingu.

GertrudeBell Mon 10-Nov-14 23:18:13

Shhhh... An orgasm will help.

Shelduck Tue 11-Nov-14 08:55:16

I used to get occasionally pre-pregnancy, and then got it all the time towards the end of pregnancy with DS1. But it completely disappeared straight after he was born, so be comforted by that.

And, ahem...oh dear, yes, Retro and Gertrude are quite right in terms of self-help - even if it is self-help. blush I even saw a research paper on it somewhere, but there's no way I'm googling that while at work. grin

senoritachiquita Tue 11-Nov-14 09:10:25

Ohh... so annoying! I have this too at 32 weeks. As birth preparation and to give me some headspace I've been trying to do breathing exercises/meditation twice a day. Had to give up on it in the evening as my legs just wouldn't stay still!! Had no idea about the orgasm thing though - thanks for the tip smile

Heartburn247 Tue 11-Nov-14 09:27:44

Hello all,
I have suffered with this too, currently 35 weeks pregnant. I started taking magnesium tablets and now can't sleep without one, miracle cure (for me anyway) :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now