Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's going on?

(6 Posts)
BarneyStinson Mon 10-Nov-14 18:49:49

Hi, I have never posted before. I have one baby.

I got my period on Sep 28th. 11 days later I got, what I thought was another period (no cramps), bleeding lasted 4 days. I didn't have sex between the 2 periods. It is now 35 days later and I got a positive pregnancy test today. I haven't had sex since before my September period.

I am so worried. Am I pregnant? Why would I have I had 2 bleeds if I am? I have made an appointment to see my GP tomorrow. Has anyone any experience of this or similar?

juneavrile Mon 10-Nov-14 18:52:57

A false positive on a test is quite rare. Maybe the later bleed was light and implantation bleeding? But even so, many women bleed a bit at the early stages of pregnancy.
Good that you are seeing your gp. I hope you're okay.

BarneyStinson Mon 10-Nov-14 18:58:49

Thanks for your answer.

blackwidow74 Mon 10-Nov-14 19:02:47

I had periods for the 1st 3 months of my pregnancy with ds1 ... I found out at 4 months when I realised I was gaining a bump! so it's quite possible that bfp is news to celebrate smile false positives are incredibly rare ... periods in pregnancy not so rare!!

BarneyStinson Mon 10-Nov-14 19:08:24

Oh wow blackwidow, that's amazing. I have sent DH to get more tests. Pic would love to get excited. Fingers crossed.

blackwidow74 Mon 10-Nov-14 19:54:20

Keep us posted!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now