Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

18 weeks pregnant, no strong symptoms, how normal is that?

(13 Posts)
usernamefeefifoe Mon 10-Nov-14 14:31:59

Hi everyone,

I am a first timer to pregnancy. I am 18 weeks gone and have not had any strong symptoms. I feel fine, I do have a bump and the other noticeable thing happening is larger boobs and change in nipple colour. How many of you ladies have not had any strong symptoms and everything was A-OK?

Some times I think no symptoms make you worry more. Wishing so much to feel movement now and for the next two weeks to fly before I have my 20 week scan.

Silently worrying as I do not want to worry my husband, although he would be so supportive if I told him but just feel very insecure at the moment.

I have said to my midwife's at my 16wk app that I still didn't really have any symptoms and she just said 'everyone's different' which I probably would say to a friend questioning the same, but I never seem to heed my own advice.

Sorry if this thread is a usual one that comes up but I just need to off-load and to hear how many of you had a healthy baby after a symptoms free pregnancy.

Thanks for reading!

foxyfemke Mon 10-Nov-14 14:50:56

I had loads of symptoms (I'm a week behind you), but my cousin had hardly any symptoms in her first pregnancy and the lots in her second one. In both cases she had lovely healthy babies.

It really does vary and if your midwife isn't too worried, I wouldn't worry too much either, but that's easier said than done!

I think 18 weeks is a bit early for movement, I was told probably from about 20 weeks I could start feeling things.

Here's hoping you have a lovely 20-week scan!

blackwidow74 Mon 10-Nov-14 15:46:10

so long as heartbeat is strong then the lack of symptoms really isn't an issue ... you are just lucky smile and you will be feeling your little one move very soon ... chances are you already have but not recognising it ... watch for a bubbly fluttery feeling low down on the right in pelvic area ;)

HulaHoopsInTheBath Mon 10-Nov-14 19:48:53

DC number 2 here (both girls) with no symptoms except bigger boobs, well, until the later stages. Currently sporting a rather oversized bump and am totally shattered, but apart from that really hardly anything at all. DC1 is 6 and wonderfully healthy and this one contenting along the same lines smile

Try and relax and enjoy feeling tip top!

HulaHoopsInTheBath Mon 10-Nov-14 19:50:32

Continuing not contenting!

TexanKenDoll Mon 10-Nov-14 20:50:38

I had no symptoms at all (didn't feel nauseous ever, tired etc) and very late showing bump/larger breasts. DC perfectly fine and a very easy baby-don't worry!

SophieBarringtonWard Mon 10-Nov-14 20:54:42

I had very few symptoms - bigger boobs, small bump by 18w, very little nausea early with DC2 but none with DC1 - & everything was fine. Don't worry. I'm 7w pregnant with DC3 now & have no symptoms so need to take my own advice as well!

cerealqueen Mon 10-Nov-14 21:00:23

the only physical symptoms I had was the crushing tiredness in the first trimester, once that was fine, nothing to indicate I was even pregnant. bump around five months, then very emotional from 6 months on. Everybody is different and I felt very lucky compared to many. I did get very big though, and had 9 lb babies both times, and I'm quite little so that just added to the knackeredness!

TinyMonkey Mon 10-Nov-14 21:09:53

No symptoms at all apart from being tired in the first trimester. Didn't feel any movements until about 23/24 weeks, despite a posterior placenta and an active baby at the 20 week scan.

36 weeks now and all is fine, everyone is different, my mum can't believe how lucky I've been as she had shocking ms with all three pregnancies.

usernamefeefifoe Tue 11-Nov-14 11:18:12

Thanks everyone. I needed to hear all your positive experiences. Usually I am not a worrier but I have just been made redundant and have too much time to think. I did try to look at old threads but I seemed to latch on to the negative experiences rather than the positive ones! I will shake myself out of it now and carry on carrying my little pud!

Wishing everyone health and happiness! x

Ps this was my first post on mumsnet and I am very thankful you took the time to reply. It will make me show my support to others on here also.

cheshirem2b Tue 11-Nov-14 11:59:09

Welcome to the lack of symptoms club!!!

I had no real symptoms in first trimester other than tiredness. Once I got over that I had an occasional morning of feeling a bit sick and one morning of actual morning sickness at 18 weeks (random). Once I got to 20 weeks I started to feel baby move.
Now however... at 32 weeks... I'm tried, emotional, heavy, achey so it's hitting me at the end! Can't wait to meet my baby now!

BreeVDKamp Tue 11-Nov-14 17:31:56

So glad I saw this thread!!! I am 14 weeks tomorrow and have been worried the whole time as I have no symptoms really either. Baby was kicking away on the scan so I am holding on to that!!

It is so unnerving, SIL is due at the same time as me and puking all over the place, and while I'm not jealous at least she has some evidence she is actually pregnant grin

plannedshock Wed 12-Nov-14 17:42:36

My dd is 19mths I had nothing, literally nothing. Didn't even start to show until 20weeks then at 30weeks had a nosebleed nearly everyday! Other than that-Scott free! This time though can't keep my eyes open and was so sick I was convinced I had food poisoning, because I don't "get pregnancy symptoms!" Fool!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now