Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Light bleeding at 6+3...

(5 Posts)
LG1979 Mon 10-Nov-14 10:14:20

Hi ladies

I'm hoping for a little reassurance really. I have had 3 previous miscarriages and am now 6+4 weeks pregnant. Yesterday when I woke up, there was a light amount of bleeding when I went to the ladies, and a little when wiping (sorry if tmi) but have had nothing since.

In past MCs, I have pretty much bled on and off constantly right til the end so when I saw 'red', I began to start worrying. I have a 7 week scan booked for this Thursday and I'm resting up and literally doing nothing til then, but can't help having this nagging worry in the back of my mind that the same is going to happen this time.

Anyone had similar and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Thanks

sizethree Mon 10-Nov-14 20:16:48

Hi, by the sounds of it, it was just a small amount of blood and the fact it's stopped now is a good sign. But I understand that you must be worried. Is there a chance you can call and bring your scan forward a few days? Thursday will seem like forever away.
I haven't experienced it myself, but I have read a lot of other women's experiences of bleeding at various stages of pregnancy an having a healthy baby at the end.
Are you having any other support during this pregnancy as you have suffered recurrent miscarriage before? Like aspirin, progesterone etc?

LG1979 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:33:06

No I haven't been given anything medically to take. The hospital has referred me to their recurring miscarriage clinic since my last mc but have since become pregnant again since then. I called the early pregnancy unit yesterday and they said to keep the appointment on Thursday and just ring them if it gets any worse or I start having pains. The bleeding stopped and no pain, just can't help worrying now though.

sizethree Mon 10-Nov-14 21:20:04

Try to find comfort in the fact the bleeding as stopped and you're not in pain. Those are both great signs and I hope you can get a bit of reassurance.
I've had 2 miscarriages as I am dreading my next pregnancy! But time will pass, no matter how slowly. You're still pregnant so try and stay as calm and positive as possible and Thursday will be here in due couse. Hoping for the very best for you and do keep us posted.

LG1979 Tue 11-Nov-14 08:04:00

Thanks so much for your advice sizethree. Having other ladies on here who may have gone through similar experiences can be a great help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now