Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Transverse Baby

(12 Posts)
TheHermitCrab Mon 10-Nov-14 08:23:54

Hello All,

I wondered if anyone could help me with a transverse little un!

I'm going to be 30 weeks in a couple of days, so I knows it's not a massive urgency, but want to start getting things in the right position!

My baby is currently lying transverse, I'm a low risk pregnancy (high BMI but everything else fine) and midwife isn't too concerned so didn't really suggest anything I could do.

So I wondered if anyone had any useful exercises or links, they used to successfully turn their baby.

My partner's mum insists I'm "too small" to give birth naturally. (I'm 4ft11) despite the fact midwifes have never mentioned a C section and couldn't give too hoots about my height, so she wasn't being very helpful. And my bestfriend who is also 4ft 11 who popped hers out in under 2 hours, so i know it's not wasted effort.

Any help would be greatly appreciated smile

NaiceNickname Mon 10-Nov-14 09:28:18

My DS is transverse too, I am just under 36 weeks now. Although since last night I have been feeling horrific pressure really low down that hurts to walk, even sit in certain positions and the last time this happened my midwife said he had flipped head down.... Then he turned back the next day hmm

I can't remember doing anything that made him move, I just keep lying with pillows piled up under my bum and my feet up the wall above my headboard if that makes sense. Sitting up straight and bouncing/twirling hips on a gym ball/swimming were more tips from my midwife.

I must have an odd shaped womb according to her, because DD was transverse until around this stage too.

I may be getting sent for a scan after my next check up next week to double check the position and if he is transverse then I'll be booked into for a section shock

Good luck!

NaiceNickname Mon 10-Nov-14 09:29:00

Also have a look at the Spinning Babies website, gives you tips and picture demo's on how to shift babies in all different positions smile

TheHermitCrab Mon 10-Nov-14 10:23:25

Thank you!

I'd love to get her moving (if at all possible) as soon as possible. I'm only 30 weeks but like you it's So heavy!

I do a lot of travelling for work - four busses and lots of walking, and walking around is just agonising, really heavy abdomen that cramps and strains really easily. When I mentioned it to the midwife she said it's probably because of the positioning. Really want to spread this weight vertically! At the minute I feel like I'm carrying a really heavy beer belly!

I'll have a look at that site and see if I can find some tips! smile

PopcornFrenzy Mon 10-Nov-14 10:49:09

Transverse baby here and I'm 38+5, they tried to turn her manually but it failed so am booked in for a section on Wednesday...2 days eeeeek! At 30 weeks you still have lots of time in which baby can turn.

TheHermitCrab Mon 10-Nov-14 10:58:21

Oooooh good luck for the C Section! hugs

Aye I know I've got plenty of time, just want to get used to the exercises and whatnot so I can see if she is for turning smile

PopcornFrenzy Mon 10-Nov-14 11:01:51

The worse bit for me is the fact I have her head in my right ribs and feet/bum in my left, when she stretches it feels like she's going to pop out! My bump looks weird with a backbone right across the top, it's very odd!

I hope she turns for you grin

TheHermitCrab Mon 10-Nov-14 11:31:42

ooooh heck. She's like completely horizontal on me, it feels like she's headbutting me in the lower right, and kicking me in the lower left, with her bum in the air!

There's no bump, just a big heavy sack of spuds at the bottom of me.

Was hoping I'd be one of them who had a nice high bump! But I just look like I have a massive spare tire and hips, people don't know whether they should be giving me a seat on the bus or telling me to go for a run haha.

LetticeKnollys Mon 10-Nov-14 11:57:30

My baby had been in the perfect position all pregnancy. I went into labour and the little gremlin angel flipped back to back transverse and I had to be ambulanced off from my hippy home water birth. blush

So even if nothing seems to work for now, remember it can all change last minute! I heard some babies right themselves naturally close to labour (opposite of what happened to me)!

TheHermitCrab Mon 10-Nov-14 12:59:40

Ooooh What a pickle Lettice! I hope it all went ok xxxx

Thank you for you advice people smile

RevoltingPeasant Mon 10-Nov-14 13:33:17

OP have PM'd you smile

TheHermitCrab Mon 10-Nov-14 14:39:43

Oooh thanks! will respond

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now