Talk

Advanced search

Would you attend a class on a Saturday?

(16 Posts)
sailorsgal Sun 09-Nov-14 22:55:51

I run a pregnancy yoga class in my area and most of my ladies are either very tired (work full-time) when they arrive or sometimes cancel last minute. Of course everyone has different preferences due to their own commitments but I just wondered if this would be a good idea. it wouldn't be until the new year so those coming already will most probably had their babies. Thanks in advance. smile

avocadotoast Sun 09-Nov-14 23:37:00

I would. I think it's a good idea to have classes on a weekend, particularly if it's antenatal yoga. I work full time and finish work at 6, so a lot of the classes in my area are ruled out just on that basis.

Camsie30 Sun 09-Nov-14 23:39:19

I go to antenatal Pilates every Saturday at 11.30. So much easier for me than mid week

Squidstirfry Sun 09-Nov-14 23:40:00

yes i would.

pippinleaf Mon 10-Nov-14 06:08:58

I would if it was early enough in the morning not the interfere with weekend plans my family had.

FairyPenguin Mon 10-Nov-14 06:26:03

Yes I used to attend a Sat morning class. Impossible for me during the week as had a toddler at home and husband got home too late for me to get to a class.

Hazchem Mon 10-Nov-14 06:29:20

I attend a Saturday morning yoga class. It's so much better then the evening one. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep it up until 41 weeks and I know I'd already have stopped by now (36 weeks) if I was going to the evening class.

blackteaplease Mon 10-Nov-14 06:31:31

I would when pregnant but not with a baby, as I would have felt llike I was missing family time with dh.

FruitBadger Mon 10-Nov-14 08:20:05

I would. My local swimming pool cancelled the only aqua natal class for miles due to lack of interest but it was at 11:00 on a Tuesday morning, had it been on a Saturday I would have been there like a shot.

I do go to antenatal Pilates, that's at 18:00 so I and the other ladies go straight from work, it's usually full so obviously suits us all, but it's right in a town centre so very easy to get to from lots of workplaces which does help.

FruitBadger Mon 10-Nov-14 08:22:35

Forgot to say, I think the trick with Pilates is that it's timed so we all go straight from work. If it was an hour later, there's no way I'd be going home and then back out into the City Centre again! grin

Miffy79 Mon 10-Nov-14 11:44:06

I would love to be able to go to classes at the weekend! I go to pregnancy yoga and a circuit class at the moment (both midweek in the evening) but often I can't face getting home then having to go out again a couple of hours later - especially when its cold and dark outside! Sadly there are no weekend options in my area.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Mon 10-Nov-14 13:17:09

I would prefer a week day one during the day closish to work and go in work time, ante-natal classes are classed as ante natal care and you are entitled to attend in work time paid.

With pregnancy one I was recommended to do aqua natal only class was near work Wed at 9am I went every week from 18weeks no issues with work although I am no slacker and they always got more than their money worth out of me

This pregnant only aqua natal class was a thur eve 7.30pm and 20mins drive away and I just couldn't face it after a day's work cooking dinner n bedtime for ds.

sailorsgal Mon 10-Nov-14 16:18:08

Thanks for your feedback. smile
I know it's possible to take time out of your work day to attend a daytime class but very few women are willing to do so. I can also appreciate that the weekend is very precious family time.
Lots to think about but I do so love it!

RevoltingPeasant Mon 10-Nov-14 17:50:46

I would OP. I currently go to an antenatal pilates class at 7pm and a AN yoga class at 7.30 (not on the same day grin).

I would like to go to antenatal aqua-stuff but it's all mid-day mid-week. Yes I know we can theoretically take time off for AN classes but seriously, I'm not going to approach my line manager and ask her to switch around my entire teaching schedule so I can go to the pool. If you have a serious professional job it's often just not an option.

minipie Mon 10-Nov-14 18:04:37

I did antenatal pilates on a Saturday when pregnant with DC1. I would have constantly missed the class if it was mid week due to work.

Weekend classes are a great idea. Saturday am is the best time so you can still go away for the weekend, and also for women with older children that tends to be "daddy time" anyway grin

ante-natal classes are classed as ante natal care and you are entitled to attend in work time paid That only applies to classes which have been recommended by a doctor or midwife. My work would be pretty unimpressed if I took time off during the day to go to an antenatal exercise class.

JennyBlueWren Mon 10-Nov-14 19:37:38

Yes!
The only ones I can find near me are in another town and in the evenings. I could feasibly go on the way home after work but I'd be drained! Shame as I'd really like to do yoga/pilates or something. Weekend would be much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now