Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

polyhydramnious 39 weeks

(4 Posts)
lucyhedges123 Sun 09-Nov-14 22:07:44

Hi everyone

Ive got PH, this is my first baby, I'm getting quiet worried now as with more fluid I'm scared if my waters breaking, and cp. I seem to be constantly calling triage and feel a bit of a pain, but the BH seem to be getting worse and I keep convincing myself I'm in early labour when I have back ache and bad BH. Just looking to see what other peoples opinions and experiences are.

Thank you

Harrin Sun 09-Nov-14 22:14:06

My mum had this with my sister who is now 4. Do you know what's caused yours?

I remember her saying that her waters went like a massive gush whilst in labour and soaking the midwife. She said the mattress had to be changed and the floor was flooded even though she was on the bed. This was her 12th birth <outs self> and she said it was totally different to any other.

I don't know if that's helpful or not, but at least if you know that's a possibility it might not be such a shock when the time comes. Good luck thanks

Harrin Sun 09-Nov-14 22:18:34

Oh, I also remember that she didn't think she was in labour when she went to hospital. She only went due to having a show that morning and thought she'd better get checked out as my sister was thought to have a problems which we're causing the PH. When they hooked her up to the machine she was in full blown labour but not really feeling it. I'm not sure if this is usual with PH or not. Hopefully someone will come along soon who has been through it themselves

dingalong Mon 10-Nov-14 12:57:24

I was measuring 4 weeks ahead with ds due to ph. Just made the last few weeks hard - really pushing on lungs. There was no reason for it though (though ds was 10 lbs). I felt labour allright though needed a csection due to babys size. I'm not sure if you're much bigger - cant remember the levels of fluid now (though was obsessed at the time)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now