Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hi, I'm new, just found out I'm pregnant

(17 Posts)
sophiabella Sun 09-Nov-14 20:33:16

Hi everyone. I found out last week that I'm pregnant. I'm the first of all my friends to have a baby so feeling a bit daunted! How are you all? Do you feel daunted too??

GertiesNotDirty Sun 09-Nov-14 20:36:15

Well it is forever since I was in your situation but I wanted to say congratulations and welcome! There are some lovely supportive women on here and some pregnant women form pre-natal groups for the month they are due so they have a smaller, more personal group to talk to. I'm sure you will find loads of support smile

blackwidow74 Sun 09-Nov-14 20:42:04

hi SophiaBella ....congratulations on your news and daunted is natural ... This is baby #6 for me and it's no less daunting than my first time smile I'm sure most mums to be feel the same!

sophiabella Sun 09-Nov-14 20:44:54

Wow baby number 6! You must be super mum!

and thank you!

woodwaj Sun 09-Nov-14 20:51:19

Congratulations! Lots of exciting things to come scans and kicks and shopping for teeny tiny clothes! Im 27 weeks baby no.1 x

Bubble8 Sun 09-Nov-14 21:11:51

Hi All,

Congratulations Sophiabella...and everyone else!
I found out I am expecting last week too and I agree it's very daunting! Trying to keep it a secret for now makes it even harder as I feel like I need to tell someone! So here I am excited,scared,confused, happy and the list goes on blush

Blanketontheground Sun 09-Nov-14 21:13:54

Congratulations! How are you feeling? Any sickness yet?

sophiabella Sun 09-Nov-14 21:19:56

No sickness yet, I'm just a bit tired and got headaches but not sure if that's pregnancy or working??!!

blackwidow74 Sun 09-Nov-14 21:27:46

listen to your body and rest when it tells you ... ya won't see much going on outside but inside you are working a miracle smile

sophiabella Sun 09-Nov-14 21:28:45

Ooo yes it does feel like a miracle, so magical how it happens!! i would love to phone in sick next week and put my feet up but don't think my boss woudl be too happy!!!

Bubble8 Sun 09-Nov-14 21:31:23

Got halfway round the supermarket yesterday when I started to feel extremely nauseous followed by a headache... I guess This must be the beginning of a wonderful time ahead. confused

dorasee Sun 09-Nov-14 21:33:50

Oh wonderful!! Honour this precious time and above all, honour yourself. It is life's greatest gift. Nothing rivals becoming a mother. Grow with your baby, nurture each other and don't be afraid. All those little tricky parts ( morning sickness, labour and everything in between) are totally forgotten about when you feel the kicks, see your baby on the screen, and finally when you hold that glorious new person in your arms. Bless you and put you and baby first, every day!

sophiabella Sun 09-Nov-14 21:34:05

Ooo I know morning sickness is meant to be a good sign but I REALLY hope I don't get it as I hate feeling sick! I hope pregnancy is a breeze and I sail through it!!! Is this possible?!?

Blanketontheground Sun 09-Nov-14 21:46:56

My only advice is to take lots of pictures! I loved being pregnant. Despite the sickness xx

amy83firsttimer Sun 09-Nov-14 22:00:01

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2217933-Eye-Spy-DC-due-in-July

Sophiabella assuming you're due in July your antenatal club is located here. You'll all be at the same stage so will have loads to talk about. Any general pregnancy queries etc come on the pregnancy board and then there's further boards for all sorts of other stuff like screening tests and choices / miscarriage etc etc etc etc.

Many congratulations btw! flowers

amy83firsttimer Sun 09-Nov-14 22:01:59

Oh and yes it's possible to breeze through it. I've not been sick once and was doing DIY and gardening today when I'm due tomorrow. Keep active and keep positive.

Naomip88 Mon 10-Nov-14 09:54:56

congratulations! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and I was totally overwhelmed and daunted when I found out- I actually banned my mum and my sister talking about it for a week so I had time to get my head around it! Now I'm very excited and impatient. It probably won't be entirely breezy but staying positive definitely helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now