Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anterior placenta and feeling movements

(12 Posts)
blackwidow74 Sun 09-Nov-14 19:56:01

I'm 16+4 with baby #5 (9th preg) and have an anterior placenta. The past few days I've had what I can only describe as 'swirling' feeling from time to time, almost like the feeling you get in your belly when really nervous ... I'm guessing these are my baby girls first movements (yes Nub Theorists ... you were right again!) ... They are not like kicks per se ... just like some thing rumbling away in there ... anyone else with anterior placenta relate or am I just wishful thinking?

blackwidow74 Sun 09-Nov-14 20:42:57

baby #6 not #5 ... fat fingers!!

HulaHoopsInTheBath Sun 09-Nov-14 21:18:34

I have an anterior placenta and am currently 32 weeks with DC2. I was expecting to feel movement much later, however I could feel movement by about 14/15 weeks definitely as you describe, and by the time I was 17 weeks I got a kick now and again which my DD and OH could feel by about 19/20 weeks. May well not be wishful thinking, best feeling ever isn't it!! smile

blackwidow74 Sun 09-Nov-14 21:30:38

It's definitely amazing and as if little one knows she's been giving gentle nudges in my right side since I posted this lol!! congrats on #2 ... hope its been plain sailing for you this far n for the remainder! have you found that time has passed quicker this time around?
think my dd is a fan of Ben Haenow on X factor lol ... she was definitely liking his voice!!

blackwidow74 Sun 09-Nov-14 21:31:53

I've also been getting the same sensations for a couple weeks but daily since 16 weeks smile here's to gaining size and strength!!

BlinkAndMiss Sun 09-Nov-14 21:49:18

I felt movements from 14 weeks with an anterior placenta and it was like swirling movements, as you describe.

blackwidow74 Mon 10-Nov-14 14:33:10

Thank you ladies ... smile now utterly convinced my baby girl is the cause of those funny feelings ... your replies helped loads smile

capecath Mon 10-Nov-14 16:41:10

I have had an anterior placenta with all three. Haven't any movements on the outside (like, with my hand) until after 20 weeks for all of them... Felt kind of "flutterings" a couple week before but was all inside... Anything pre-16 weeks I am not convinced, could well have just been gassy!!

HulaHoopsInTheBath Mon 10-Nov-14 19:32:29

Oh the time has flown this time around, I can't believe it. Im having a girl too so perhaps we can feel them earlier because we are carrying feisty little females?? smile

I am utterly certain i felt movement and not gas at 15 weeks. Im now remembering those lovely flutters fondly while my ribs are taking a battering from the inside! Love it, but Owww!

blackwidow74 Mon 10-Nov-14 19:52:51

lol Hula ... I can't wait for that as strange as it sounds ... rather a rib kicking than the feeling like someone is washing the dishes inside lol!!

baby5ontheway Thu 13-Nov-14 12:20:17

I'm 15 weeks today, I (think) I have been feeling babys first movements, like little nudges inside, but maybe like once every few hours when I'm just sat quietly, like now, when reading this thread I'm sure I felt a little poke smile x

TheScenicRoute Thu 13-Nov-14 21:10:14

I'm carrying twins, one posteria and one anterior placenta. I definitely feel the posteria twin more constantly and the anterior placenta twin only a few times a day, but mostly when I lye on the side of that baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now