Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31 weeks... Back, hip and pelvic pain

(3 Posts)
Bumpngrind85 Sun 09-Nov-14 15:49:49

Just over the 31 week mark and so uncomfortable. Hardly sleeping at night due to dull ache in all above areas. Been told last week that baby's head is right down and worrying how I will cope in remaining weeks. I've also developed heart burn in the last few days. anyone else in the same boat? Miserable moody and uncomfortable!!

barmybunting Sun 09-Nov-14 15:58:11

I feel for you, it is horrific! Currently 39 weeks and cannot wait for this baby to arrive so I can hopefully get my back onto some form of normal shape again.

It might be worth asking for a referral to the physio re the pain. I saw one at about 20 weeks for similar and was given a pelvic support belt which made a world of difference.

If the heartburn is bad, you can see your GP to ask for medication. I have been on omneprazole for months and can really feel when I forget to take it. I was originally put on it along with anti sickness medication as I couldn't cope with the continuous vomiting, but it seems to work by itself now.

I hope you get some relief soon!

Gennz Mon 10-Nov-14 04:35:24

It's vile isn't it. I was really seizing up in my lower back/hips while I was still at work and sitting at a desk all day - since I've been on mat leave I'm not in as much pain during the day, but night time and getting out of bed is hard. (I'm just past 37 weeks.) I've been swimming 3x a week which seems to make a big difference - I'd been getting massages every week but they'd only sort out the pain for a day or 2, the swimming seems to sort it out for longer (and is much cheaper!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now