Talk

Advanced search

bad headaches

(16 Posts)
mum2benicole Sun 09-Nov-14 12:32:29

Im 13 weeks with my second child and suffering with really bad headaches. For the past few weeks Im going to bed with a bad head waking up with it and through the day it gets worse. Ive tried paracetamol regularly as instructed and no relief at all any one have this problem ?
What can I do

3littlefrogs Sun 09-Nov-14 12:36:01

You need to see your GP/MW asap and get your BP and urine checked.
Do you have any problems with your eyesight?

Sarkymare Sun 09-Nov-14 12:39:32

Are you adequately hydrated? Even if dehydration isn't the cause of the headaches, plenty of water should help ease them at least a little bit.

Other than that I would go back to your GP. My friend had similar and was given some strong painkillers. Codein I think it was.

mum2benicole Sun 09-Nov-14 12:47:33

Im drinking as much as I can I do have slightly blurs vision I try to drink at least a bottle will be calling GP Monday but my head ATM feels like it will pop thanks ladies

TipseyTorvey Sun 09-Nov-14 12:51:59

Not to worry you but since I've just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes am now all for calling the midwife and getting your urine checked, it's probably nothing but I feel terribly guilty that I ignored what I now see were warning signs and might have harmed the baby hmm

3littlefrogs Sun 09-Nov-14 12:53:45

If you have blurred vision you need to be seen urgently.
(ex midwife).

mum2benicole Sun 09-Nov-14 12:54:46

I had problems with my daughter during her pregnancy with dehydration and sickness and was hospitalised for 4days but never headaches there the worst ive ever had like being 18 again and having a hang over its awful will be going 1st thing in morning to get checked over thank you all xx

3littlefrogs Sun 09-Nov-14 12:57:35

Is there a walk in centre near you. Honestly I would't leave it till tomorrow.
How long has your vision been blurred?

mum2benicole Sun 09-Nov-14 13:00:51

Theres not 1 close tbh its only blurd when the headaches at it worst what could it be?

avocadotoast Sun 09-Nov-14 13:04:33

Ring your midwife.

I've had terrible headaches the past few weekends, and I think in my case it is just not being fully hydrated, but if your vision is blurred I'd definitely talk to your mw to be safe. Paracetamol didn't touch my headaches either, but I've found if I drink as much water as humanly possible (even when I don't feel thirsty) then that helps.

I also picked up one of those 4head sticks, which helps to ward it off a little bit if I feel it coming on.

mum2benicole Sun 09-Nov-14 13:15:25

Called midwife she says doctors 1 st thing and rest thanks again all xx

rubyboo2 Sun 09-Nov-14 17:51:46

I started getting migraines around 16 weeks . Saw my dr as I couldnt cope and have co-codamol . Mine were caused by hormones and are common in pregnancy . I drink 2-3 litres of water a day . They are caused by hormones which you cant do much about . Thank fully I am 27 wks and I dont get them that often now . Try not to worry .

HulaHoopsInTheBath Sun 09-Nov-14 19:50:00

I got hormone headaches here too in the first tri and early second. I found the kool and soothe migraine head strips offered some relief, along with drinking plenty of course, and a nice lay down in a dark room when possible. They are horrible, I totally sympathise! I haven't had one since I was about 18 weeks and am 8 months now.

skyra13 Sun 09-Nov-14 21:14:47

I am currently 19 weeks and from week 16 i was suffering with horrible headaches they got that bad i ended up at the out of hours doctor! Turns out to be a sinus infection, causing the pain only other tell was a blocked nose sometimes when i lie down.
I was given antibiotics started to help then the pain was back by the Thursday, visited doctors again as was end of tablets to be then given a nasal spray and a different type of antibiotics!
I have gone the weekend without any now but did get a headache today, im hoping that my sinuses will clear but it seems to be a common thing in pregnancy the pain of the headache is dreadful, get checked out soon as they did think it could of been pre-eclampsia.
Fingers crossed its something simple.

redexpat Sun 09-Nov-14 22:09:19

Ginger ale takes the edge off a migraine, imagine it would do the same for a bad headache.

Gudgyx Mon 10-Nov-14 12:51:36

I have this exact problem. Have had codeine from doctor, use the forehead rub, migraine strips etc.

Have upped my water intake to at least 3 litres a day and it seems to have worked. I also bought this, which has been an absolute lifesaver.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008W8HTLU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Headaches only now easing at 24 weeks. Sometimes the only thing that works though is to lie down in a darkened room, eyes shut, with a wet towel on my head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now