Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

prurigo gestationis...

(5 Posts)
muddylettuce Sun 09-Nov-14 08:39:28

Has anyone had this? I woke up this morning covered in red spots. Some are raised and itchy, some don't appear to be itching...yet. They are everywhere, hands, arms, legs, tummy, chest, neck and face. I am 11+5 with second pregnancy. I googled pregnancy skin conditions as from experience weird and wonderful things happen to you when pregnant and the above condition came up. Just wondered if anyone had it and if so, did it start as red spots and progress, pictures on google look horrific and not quite the same...but they look in later stages. Aaargh! Pregnancy sucks!
(Ps. I have eczema: this doesn't look like eczema. I can rule out allergy to detergent as been using it for ages, also bugs as DD slept with me and is untouched plus there are hundreds of the little spots and don't look like my usual reaction to bites).

I don't have any experience with it but it might be an idea to ring your Dr or midwife just to get it checked as they might be able to prescribe something.

Sarkymare Sun 09-Nov-14 10:41:08

By little spots do you mean tiny little red marks about the size of pinpricks? That look almost like tiny blood blisters?

If so I developed these during pregnancy. I had them on almost all fingers and dotted around numerous other places. A few of them disappeared after pregnancy but I still have a handful left.

They itch sometimes but not always. I did ask my MW if it was pregnancy related and she said no. But I'm pretty sure they are. They only appeared when I was pregnant after all.

muddylettuce Sun 09-Nov-14 11:03:25

I will be calling doctor tomorrow if still there, not open today. sarky I know what you mean, I had those last time too. These are different, a lot bigger and red spots rather than blood blisters. X

tywysogesgymraeg Sun 09-Nov-14 11:14:40

I get something like what you're describing. They start off as red pin pricks and get bigger and bigger and sort of merge together. I get them on lower legs and forearms. When they eventually disappear after a couple of weeks they leave my skin a bit blue/grey ish for a while.

I'm not pregnant, but do have kids.

This has only started happening in the last few years though. GP not particularly interested as it's annoying rather than serous.

I'd love to find out what causes it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now