Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anti Bodies found in bloods at 31 wks, anyone else had this?

(5 Posts)
Genevieve1976 Sat 08-Nov-14 18:34:58

Had blood results this week with low level anti bodies present, 31 wks, dad got to have bloods next week. What does this mean? Midwife not really clear.
Any help would be great xx

divingoffthebalcony Sat 08-Nov-14 18:36:21

Are you rhesus negative by any chance?

Jamyesterdayjamtomorrow55 Sat 08-Nov-14 19:07:13

Hi
There are lots of different types of antibodies. Did your mw tell you what yours are? Some are quite unusual.
I have anti-M antibodies which I understand aren't very common. They've monitored my levels and taken extra blood samples to keep at the hospital. Anti-m aren't anything to worry about - the only issue is if I need a transfusion in which case they'll have to match the blood (hence the extra samples at hospital and notes in big letters on my file!).
Try not to worry - if they just want more blood, it sounds like they're not very worried?
(This is my second baby and I had the same in my first pregnancy and did worry a lot but got lots of reassurance from midwives/doctors!).
Hope that helps a bit.

Genevieve1976 Sat 08-Nov-14 19:41:11

Thanks guys, no I'm rhesus positive and more reassured now. Like u say if they are just doing bloods more often at least monitoring me. Xxxxx

womaninthewildsofwales Mon 10-Nov-14 08:04:51

Hi, I have a consultant appt today for the same reason. 4th baby, never had this before, 28 week bloods showed antibodies, more tests revealed anti-A and anti-e at a titre level of 2 (32 weeks now) not really got a clue about what it means but midwife is baffled that it's only just shown up in pregnancy no 4 :-/ will report back later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now