Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant #3, now stress of child maintenance

(8 Posts)
sianilovesbeingamummy Sat 08-Nov-14 11:54:10

I have recently split with the father of my 2 children and unborn child and have addressed the issue of child maintenance this morning. I looked on the CSA website and calculated £114 per week, i decided to ask for £80 a week for my 2 children and he has refused this coming back with £50 per week. I compromised at £70 but he is still refusing and is now threatening to give up his good self-employed job and go on the dole so he doesn't have to pay anything!!!! Am i being unreasonable with what i am asking? It is simply for the children not myself. Has anyone else been in this situation?

JennyBlueWren Sat 08-Nov-14 13:11:34

I don't know much about this but I expect there's a more specific forum on MN where there'll be people who've been in your boat and able to give more advice.
Why did you go for £80 rather than £114?

Jodie1982 Sat 08-Nov-14 14:34:31

I get £200 a month off my 2 kids dad each month, that's plenty for me, goes towards shoes n clothes or whatever they need, but he does also but their shoes, and extra clothing. As your now a single mum you'll be entitled to £72 a wk income support, Child Tax Credits plus your child benefit each week. Maybe you can both come up with a reasonable sum for Child Maintenance?

SpuffySummers Sat 08-Nov-14 14:40:12

I get 250 for 2 but CSA calculator said 450. I tried to get 350 but he wasn't having it and he was dodging CSA as he works for family. Makes my blood boil, he lives with his parents pays nothing to them brand new car swans off abroad 5 times a year with his student teenage girlfriend. Rage.

SpuffySummers Sat 08-Nov-14 14:41:49

He pays for no extras as I "rob him enough" hmm

prettywhiteguitar Sat 08-Nov-14 14:56:55

Honestly what a dick I would say you will be going to the Child Maintenance Service (previously known as the CSA) for the the full amount.

He needs scaring, tell him Monday you will be going through the child maintenance service options and for him to expect a call from them.

And don't discuss further with him. The guy is a dick clearly and you don't need the stress of dealing with him right now.

I have been there and believe me CSA is the only thing that that would for men like this, I acceptor months of bull before I did it as I didn't want bad feeling hmm

Foxeym Sat 08-Nov-14 15:07:16

Unfortunately there are plenty of men that don't pay for their DC's. It's easy to dodge the new child maintenance service. My ExH pays nothing for our 2DCs and I work to support them, my 2 Step DCs and my DC5 with my DP. It sucks but there is nothing I can do so I've just learnt to live with it unfortunately.

sianilovesbeingamummy Sun 09-Nov-14 16:25:17

he has agreed to £70 a week for now but it will have to increase once #3 is born..... if i go to CSA he will just go on the dole so i wouldnt get a penny then so for now we will see how this pans out.... he has said he will set it up to go into my bank each week but doesnt want any contact so that obviously means he doesnt want to see his children which i disgusting but they are better off without if this is the case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now