Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tiny red spot at 30 weeks...done the right thing?

(6 Posts)
Chattycat78 Sat 08-Nov-14 10:07:51

Hi all,

I went out last night and when I got back I noticed I had a very small red spot in my underwear(about the size of a few pin heads say). It looked like blood to me. I panicked a bit but decided to sit it out and see if anything else happened. It hasn't done so far and baby seems to be wriggling a lot etc today. Have I done the right thing not rushing off to hospital or calling them?

I should prob mention that I have had a few small instances of this already, but each one puts me in a panic anyway and it's hard to know what to do for the best! Thanks for any tips. X

Purplefrogshoes Sat 08-Nov-14 11:27:05

Did you have previous bleeds checked out? I had a tiny spot of blood at 28 weeks and midwife sent me straight for a scan just to be sure

Chattycat78 Sat 08-Nov-14 11:31:57

Thanks for replying- no I didn't. I rang the assessment place and they said it's ok as long as it's smaller than a fifty pence piece and is a one off. That's why I didn't call this time. I also had a scan only last week which showed all was fine.

However you have made me wonder now....

Purplefrogshoes Sat 08-Nov-14 11:36:20

If you were scanned recently I'm sure you will be fine but you can always call for reassurance

Chattycat78 Sat 08-Nov-14 11:47:03

Yes thanks you re right. I might call them to make myself feel better! Nerve wracking isn't it? X

Purplefrogshoes Sat 08-Nov-14 12:03:02

Yes it is, I'm sure you will be fine x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now