Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

stretched, sore, itchy belly button piercings

(6 Posts)
CatFaceCrayola Fri 07-Nov-14 23:01:33

I'm nearly 36 weeks. Took belly button piercings out at beginning of pregnancy. They were the first place to get stretch marks coming out from tge piercings. Last couple of days the actual piercings have become irrirated...sore and itchy. I'm assuming it'sjust the stretch.

Any advice?

Courtney0x Sat 08-Nov-14 07:39:26

Had the exact same thing I'm 38 weeks, I keep a moisturiser in the fridge and rub it on my piercing all the time, it's really soothing! I actually took my piercing out a few years ago so didn't think it would be affected, but I wake up in the night with an itchy belly button sometimes confused the cold moisturiser is great for burning feet and itchy bump as well!

Stupidhead Sat 08-Nov-14 07:59:18

I took mine out with my first (he's 17 now!!!) and left it In with my second. The skin stretched really badly and left about 1mm that the piercing went through - eeek!

I had it re-pierced afterwards. The guy said he'd heard of it happening but never seen it, it was my body rejecting the ring.

CatFaceCrayola Sun 09-Nov-14 00:33:00

Will try the fridge moisturiser...sounds like a good plan!

avocadotoast Sun 09-Nov-14 09:56:42

It'll be itching because of the scar tissue being stretched. Definitely second putting your moisturiser in the fridge!

LouMum14 Sun 09-Nov-14 10:16:23

I went and got a flexible larger plastic maternity bar from a body piercing shop as I started to get bigger with my first and that really helped I think, had no problems. No idea where it is but hoping to dig it out for this one too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now