Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Twinges down below... Mean anything?

(6 Posts)
advice451 Fri 07-Nov-14 22:04:55

I'm 37+1
Been told all the way through I'm having a big baby, last week midwife said baby was starting to engage and his head was on the brim or something
All night baby has been REALLY active, to the point where certain movements cause me a lot of discomfort. I also have been getting sharp twinges in my lady parts, they make me del like I need a wee but then notbing comes out !
I also have really sore back pain, all in my upper back. It's a constant ache
Am I experiencing normal 37 week pregnant symptoms or looking into it too much?!

Jodie1982 Sat 08-Nov-14 08:37:02

My 4th baby was big at 10lb 6oz and when she was getting engaged I experienced the sharp twinges in my lady parts, I think it's their head grating on the pubic bone, not pleasant at all, it would make me jump everytime and nervous that my waters were going to go. Not long to go now for you Hun. smile

tricksandsticks Sat 08-Nov-14 11:20:40

Its normal to be in a fair amount of discomfort. The baby may be in the occipitoposterior position which can cause significant backache but it is normal. Movement is always a good sign! You may be getting towards going into labour!

bagofsnakes Sat 08-Nov-14 17:13:58

Unfortunately all the discomfort seems par for the course but the good news is I had just those pains on the run up to deliver. Maybe they started 5 days or so before, don't quite remember but something like that. They became particularly bad, and I felt intense pressure that felt like a UTI (similar to your description) the day before DS was born.

SarahWH23 Sat 08-Nov-14 18:19:39

I had lots of really strong twinges down there with my big baby (10lbs4ozs). They had started by 37 weeks and I got my hopes up that it meant the baby would be coming soon - eventually hauled out by EMCS after 3 day failed induction when I went overdue.

Advice451 Sat 08-Nov-14 19:04:01

Thankyou!
Backache is still really bad today but it's all my upper back so don't think it's labour related
Still getting the twinges and generally feeling REALLY uncomfy.. The joys of the last few weeks sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now