Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in left ribs

(7 Posts)
noitsachicken Fri 07-Nov-14 17:17:15

I am 31+6 and have developed an agonising pain in my left side, just under my bra strap. It hurts to move/breath/lift do anything!
I am guessing it's the position of the baby pressing on the area, has anyone experienced this? Any tips? Will it improve when/if the baby moves?
Feels like I have cracked a rib!

LittlePink Fri 07-Nov-14 18:14:16

Another rib sufferer here. It's not so bad when I stand up but lying down is a nightmare. I can't sleep with it. I don't feel like the baby is stuck under my ribs, I feel like my rib cage is stretching and expanding out.

Things that help.....putting a cushion under my ribs in bed with a pillow wedged into my back to give me more support.

I'm back to yoga tomorrow after there's been a 2 week break so hoping this might help or get some advice from the teacher on anything I can do.

LittlePink Fri 07-Nov-14 18:16:10

Oh meant to say I had it with dd and it only went away when she dropped down into my pelvis a couple of weeks before she was born. Hopefully baby will drop sooner to give me some relief.

noitsachicken Fri 07-Nov-14 18:47:00

Thanks, sorry you are suffering too! Moving in bed is a nightmare!
I am currently led with a wheat bag wrapped around me which is helping a bit. Hoping the baby moves soon, although the Pelvic pain has improved so I expect that will return when it moves down, only 8 weeks to go.......

OhMjh Fri 07-Nov-14 18:53:04

Bearer of bad news but my lady is 3/5 engaged, I'm 39 weeks and she fractured a rib last week..it has a lot to do with baby's leg length and your torso height! An ice pack should help in the sense baby should move away from the area!

LittlePink Fri 07-Nov-14 19:38:47

Fractured your rib? That must have been some kick! You poor thing though, must be in agony. Good idea on the ice pack to get baby to move.

Noitsachicken- I'm 31+5 so a day behind you. Hope the next 8 weeks hurry up so we can be relieved of this nuisance pain!

noitsachicken Fri 07-Nov-14 19:51:44

That's what I keep thinking has happened, the pain is so intense and I have read about baby's fracturing ribs. But even if it is that nothing to be done anyway. Hope these last couple of weeks go quickly for you OhMjh.
I have a hot wheat bag on it at the moment, not sure I could manage ice! Hope the warmth doesn't encouage the baby!
LittlePink my pregnancy had been going really quick up until this last week or so, now I am counting down the days, I think once Nov is out of the way it will go fast with all the build up to Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now