Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 and half weeks pregnant, bleeding heavy and bad cramps.

(22 Posts)
Flutterbywillow Fri 07-Nov-14 15:49:06

Hey just a little worried. I am just over 5 weeks and this morning I started bleeding and getting strong cramps. Is this normal? I have been to docs and they have me in for a scan on Monday but I am really worried. Could this be a miscarriage!? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated x

LittleBairn Fri 07-Nov-14 15:52:06

Yes it could be a MC. But it could also just be bleeding.
In my 2nd pregnancy I had a placenta Hematoma HUGE amounts of bleeding but no pain. Everything was fine.
3rd and current pregnancy I had bright red bleeding and painful craps at 8 weeks I was convinced it was a MC but I'm 17 weeks tomorrow.

Cloe2014 Fri 07-Nov-14 15:55:06

There is no way of knowing until your scan. I MC last year from week 5 I had cramps and then bleeding at 8 weeks I had lost the heart beat at 7weeks. My friend was bleeding throughout Her pregnancy and had cramps and now has a healthy baby. It's horrilble because it is just a waiting game. I am now 6 weeks pregnant and in constant pain I know if I go for a scan and everything is ok it dosent mean it is going to be a week later as last time I had a scan at 6 weeks and all was fine saw the heart beat but a week later it was gone. The path is chosen for us and I believe that what ever happens is for a reason. I have chosen not to go for a early scan and am just taking it easy and hoping for the best it's horrible but I really hope that everything is going to be on for you smile

Flutterbywillow Fri 07-Nov-14 16:02:27

It's just so difficult waiting not being able to do anything to prevent the worst.
Thank you both for your advice smile it is comforting to know it might not be a mc. Can only go one of two ways sigh

Cloe2014 Fri 07-Nov-14 22:49:12

Yer it's horrible just waiting and worrying everyone has told me to stay positive and think happy thoughts but it's hard to when your in pain. The only positive thing I am thinking is that this time I am constantly feeling sick which I didn't first time round. Just wait until your scan and hope for the best hun smile

Tranquilitybaby Fri 07-Nov-14 23:55:47

Yes it could more than likely be the start of a mc sadly. Rest lots and ring EPU in the morning. Thinking of you for your scan on Monday x

ZingOfSeven Sat 08-Nov-14 00:03:05

oh sweatheart I'm sorry you are so worried.

but it's not over till it's over, blood and cramps could be due to implantation so try and have hope. other people report similar symptoms, so let's hope it's nothing.

patienceisvirtuous Sat 08-Nov-14 00:05:57

At 5.5 weeks I mc'd earlier this year. Heavy bleeding and painful period cramps. I hope things turn out differently for you love x

ZingOfSeven Sat 08-Nov-14 00:05:59

for the pain take paracetamol.
I had really bad implication cramps with some of mine and used a hot water bottle to ease the pain.

Sarkymare Sat 08-Nov-14 08:58:02

I won't lie, this does sound like it could be the beginning of a MC. But that doesn't mean it is. There are quite a few women who bleed in early pregnancy and go on to have perfectly healthy babies. You may well be one of them.

I had a MC myself last year. I know how worried you must be but you must try to push it to the back of your mind until Monday. Otherwise you will drive yourself bonkers. Do you have anything you could do this weekend to distract you?

Also I'm sorry but zing is mistaken. Implantation does not and will not occur at 5 and a half weeks.
Implantation happens around two weeks after ovulation. You cannot get a positive pregnancy test until after the egg had implanted as until then no HCG is produced. So if you know you are pregnant then implantation has already occurred.

Flutterbywillow Sat 08-Nov-14 12:42:39

Thanks so much for all the support! I am trying to keep busy and not think about it but it's getting worse and I may have to accept that it's gone sad
But I will wait for the scan before I give up totally x

Flutterbywillow Sat 08-Nov-14 15:30:12

I've just done a pregnancy test and its cone up not pregnant sad so it's definately gone. Sad sad day

Sarkymare Sat 08-Nov-14 15:32:59

Oh flutter flowers I'm so sorry. I've been were you are, its awful. If you want to chat please don't hesitate to PM me x

ZingOfSeven Sat 08-Nov-14 16:14:15

sarky

you are right, for some reason I thought 5.5weeks "late" which is not unusual. my fault

OP
so sorry, MC is an awful thing (had one 6 years ago), very sad indeedsad
((((((big hugs))))))

Tranquilitybaby Sat 08-Nov-14 16:18:03

So sorry for you x

gaggiagirl Sat 08-Nov-14 16:26:01

Im so sorry
I miscarried 3 weeks ago at almost 9 weeks and the support you will find here on mumsnet is amazing. Were all here for you.

ZingOfSeven Sat 08-Nov-14 16:38:41

gaggia
so sorry for your loss as well and all of those who lost babies. sad thanks

Flutterbywillow Sat 08-Nov-14 18:01:32

Thank you so much, I am so pleased I came here as I have found such fantastic support and advice. I really appreciate all the comments I really do xx

Picklesauage Sat 08-Nov-14 18:13:46

I am so sorry flutter. It is an awful feeling, been there twice this year myself and there is nothing I can say to make it better.
Things that helped me were telling my friends, they let me talk and were extra kind to me. It's worth remembering that even though it's still early, you have been thinking about this baby for longer than the 5 weeks, you have imagined it since starting TTC. You more than likely worked out a due date and thought how pregnant you would be at significant dates throughout the next year.
The memory of this will pop up at those times, but it gets easier and it's a good sign that you have gotten pregnant.

Please talk to you DP and friends and be kind to yourselves. I wish you a restful night and send thoughts and hugs.

Jodie1982 Sat 08-Nov-14 18:15:57

So sorry to hear of your sad news Hun. I've had 3 MCs and gone on to having 4beautiful children, so don't give up hope. Hope the next few days r easy on you. X

ZingOfSeven Sat 08-Nov-14 18:17:14

Flutterby

if you are quite new on MN do look around. there are always some conception threads you could join, there will be TTC after MC ones as well - incredibly supportive.
when you ready of course.

you might want to see GP on Monday or go to scan to check there's nothing retained that could cause problems (sorry I don't know how to put it delicately) and maybe a few days off work would give you time to just mourn.

I hope you have a lot of support in RL. look after yourself.

Flutterbywillow Sun 09-Nov-14 08:01:45

Thank you Zingofseven I will do.
Big hugs to all the mums that have lost their babies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now