Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding in week 12

(10 Posts)
Stillyummy Fri 07-Nov-14 14:24:57

I had a scan last week and have a perfectly healthy baby, I have told everyone. Then, this morning I got out of bed and blead everywhere. I wernt to a and e and had a scan witch showed a healthy baby with a bleed below the placenta. The bleeding has almost stopped now. The Dr has assured me that nothing I do can fix it or make it worse and told me to continue as normal and call them of it gets worse.

So... To keep me sane, please can I have your happy and healthy stories after you experienced the same?

Xx

leanne963 Fri 07-Nov-14 14:52:51

My SIL had something similar! At 13 weeks after a very healthy 12 week scan she started bleeding very heavily and had rushed into hospital they found the baby was fine but she had a huge blood clot. She was soaking 6 sanitary towels a day and was signed off work! She is 16 weeks now and the clot has shunk and the baby is fine! Fingers crossed for you! Sometimes women do just bleed!

Stillyummy Fri 07-Nov-14 15:03:25

Thank you for the response, it has helped. It looks like it cheered up DH a little too. I hope SIL continues to be ok. X

nojaffacakes Fri 07-Nov-14 15:08:45

This happened to my friend too. After an uneventful first trimester she had a huge bleed at 13 weeks. She was admitted to hospital and bled lots more. She thought it was all over, but it wasn't. She had a healthy baby girl in July. They never found a cause for her bleed, and she never had any more bleeding during the rest of her pregnancy.
Hope everything goes well for you from now on.

Stillyummy Fri 07-Nov-14 17:22:15

I think one of the reasons I am so worried is it has taken me a very long time to conseave after my previous misscarage. It feels a little like my last chance. Still the bleeding has stopped now and the stories made me feel better so thank you ladies. X

PickleSarnie Fri 07-Nov-14 17:40:26

I had pretty much the same. After my first scan, I got out of bed a few days later and an absolutely massive gush of blood went everywhere. Went to a&e. They found a heart beat and a mahoosive haematoma. I had really heavy bleeding for two days (heavier than any period I've ever had) and then a couple of weeks of old brown blood. The haematoma was still there but much smaller at the 20week scan.

My son was born perfectly healthy at 39+5. Totally oblivious to it all. Hope it all goes just as well for you.

Ps. Please don't Google. Google is not your friend.

MissYamabuki Fri 07-Nov-14 17:48:27

I bled off and on from 8 to 18 weeks, from spotting to bright red gushing blood and clots (sorry if TMI blush ). The worst bleed was after 12 wk scan. They never found a cause. He is now a 16 wk cuddly gorgeous bundle sleeping at the breast!

Allí the best! Like many pregnancy things, I didn't know how common bleeding is until it happened to me!

toptomatoes Fri 07-Nov-14 17:52:13

I had a bleed at 11 weeks and thought it was all over. I had a scan at the early pregnancy unit and had asmall bleed on my placenta. The bleeding stopped for about 3 weeks then I bled from week 14 to week 20. Baby was perfect.

ChickenMe Fri 07-Nov-14 19:57:15

Hope you're ok.
I had this. I'm 19w. I had it at week 13. Literally like a heavy period. Clots, flooding, the works. Awful-I was terrified. The sight of blood is devastating.
I had three scans and baby was fine. Nothing abnormal found, no explanation. So far so good. Heard the heart beat at week 17 and it was normal.
I have got a fibroid though but even so no one can explain why it happened.
Since then two of my workmates said they had the exact same thing and thought it was a MC but both have babies now.
I don't think its talked about unless you mention it, then loads of people are like "oh I had that too".

Stillyummy Fri 07-Nov-14 20:14:47

Thank you all so much xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now