Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do's and don'ts at the gym

(5 Posts)
twinkletoes2015 Fri 07-Nov-14 07:28:34

Can anyone let me know what I should and shouldn't be doing at thy gym? I'm 5 weeks pregnant, the dr told me I can do everything but my mum says otherwise. I googled that kettlecise was a no no so I've cancelled my classes.

My poor gym buddy is getting so frustrated with me, I've used every excuse as to why I can't go for the past week or so!

Knottyknitter Fri 07-Nov-14 07:32:58

Some kettle bell stuff is fine, I've been going squats and lunges with them up to about 28 weeks with PT. She runs the ante and postnatal classes at the gym so knows her stuff, and I feel less likely to push it too much with her around (non preg she pushes me beyond limits!)

Is there someone like that at your gym you could speak to and get a programme written with preg in mind? I had a few weeks at the start where there were the three of us in the know, me, DP and PT! It was great to have someone to get excitable with.

meglet Fri 07-Nov-14 07:43:14

You need to speak to the gym staff so they can put together a programme suitable for pregnancy. They'll be able to advise on suitable equipment. I told people at gym long before friends and distant family knew I was pregnant.

twinkletoes2015 Fri 07-Nov-14 08:15:27

Thanks everyone, I'll have a word with someone there tonight smile

WhyOWhyWouldYou Fri 07-Nov-14 08:30:41

What exercise you can do depends on what you were doing before (I.e. its not reccomended you take up running when pregnant but if you already did a lot of running its considered safe to continue). Talking to gym staff is definately the way forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now