Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nartural trapped wind remedies of someone with mint intolerance

(7 Posts)
applecore0317 Fri 07-Nov-14 06:06:00

Title says it all really, am Intolerant to mint and therefore deflatine and peppermint tea are a no no, so wondered if anyone had other tricks or remedies they use smile

skolastica Fri 07-Nov-14 06:12:23

Fennel tea

bakingmad83 Fri 07-Nov-14 07:08:18

I was searching on here earlier in the week with the same problem and found an old post that suggested a certain yoga pose can help. You get on all fours and lower your chest to the ground while you keep your bum up in the air - if you can visualise that. It did the trick for me.

Tzibeleh Fri 07-Nov-14 07:22:27

Regular consumption of fennel tea, but get a good make like Teapigs/Pukk/Dr Stuart. Twinings and supermarket own-brands are often too weak. Or just buy whole fennel seeds and crush them in a pepper mill straight into hot water.

If you know what triggers the wind take medicinal charcoal (from a health food shop) whenever you eat the trigger.

Eat oats and olive oil (not necessarily together) to help keep your gut moving things along.

Swimming, lying on your back and cycling your legs in the air, lying for a few minutes each on your L side -> front -> R side, and the yoga pose 'child' can also help move the wind into a less uncomfortable position.

JaneyTea Fri 07-Nov-14 08:48:21

Teaspoon of bicarb dissolved in water. Tastes pretty horrid, but I've found it helps. And the yoga pose that bakingmad mentioned, but also kneeling on all fours and rotating my hips in a circle.

AuntieStella Fri 07-Nov-14 08:53:10

Inactivated charcoal tablets (as mentioned above) plus checking diet for trigger foods and to make sure you are eating plenty of fibre (in case transit has slowed a bit).

applecore0317 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:11:36

Thanks everyone, will give the fennel tea a go, I have a fairly balanced diet but have always suffered with stomach issues and had an intolerance test because of this, so I don't eat things that I am intolerant to, but am guessing that my hormones have decided to change everything lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now