Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The worrying never stops

(6 Posts)
AlwaysLurking38 Fri 07-Nov-14 00:07:56

Every day I wake up panicking my baby isn't here anymore. If she isn't moving I get so scared. I have a Doppler and use it every day but that doesn't help the worry. How can I make myself relax?

I had my first baby in 2013, he was 3 months early and died two hours after he was born. I then had two miscarriages after.

This is my fourth pregnancy and I've been worried all the way through. Km not exaggerating when I say that. It's every day nearly all day. I'm 31 weeks now and I'm still petrified she isn't going to stay. Then I worry about if she does make it out alive what if she dies when she's here?

I'm finding every day a struggle at the minute I'm so worried. What can I do to make these anxieties go away? Thanks for reading x

tallwivglasses Fri 07-Nov-14 00:28:21

Take a deep breath and keep repeating - it's all going to be okay. That helped me x

Ouchy Fri 07-Nov-14 00:37:31

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way. I suffered with terrible perinatal anxiety and it was utterly awful. You have also had an extremely upsetting experience in the past which isn't going to help.

Natal hypnotherapy really helped me to relax. I would recommend that to you. Also keep reminding yourself that this will pass, you will come out the other side of this worry.

Finally, the overwhelming likelihood is that all will be well this time. In the meantime be kind to yourself and indulge in the passtimes you most enjoy

Best wishes

AlwaysLurking38 Fri 07-Nov-14 00:47:47

Tallwivglasses I keep saying that to myself and I remodelling myself it's all going to be fine because I can already picture her. But then thoughts creep in "what ifs" even now I know she's here with me because she's moving a lot but it doesn't make me feel any better. I just want to go to sleep and wake up when she's here safe and sound x

ouchy How do I go about receiving Natal hypnotherapy? I see my midwife next Friday would she be able to help me with this? She knows how worried I am and because of this I had 6, 8, 10, 12,16 & 20 week scans. ( also because of previous pregnancy )

I just want her to come safe and sound but I can't stop the worry. I really want her. I loved my son the moment I knew he was here and the sane with the miscarriages. With this baby I do live her but it's not as strong as it was with the others. This is just awful x

Thank you both for replying x

BeginnerSAHM Fri 07-Nov-14 06:49:59

Gosh, you poor thing. Sounds like you've really been through it. I think it might be worth asking to be referred for some counselling. It sounds like a horrible way to feel, although totally understandable. Some worry is normal (and it never goes away I hear, even when they are 18!!) but you sound very very anxious. Maybe go to the GP today if you can and ask for a referral. They are getting more sensitive to prenatal mental health issues and should be receptive to the idea of getting you some counselling support ASAP. Really hope you feel less worried soon.

bakingmad83 Fri 07-Nov-14 07:00:32

Sorry to hear you're feeling so anxious.

I've just started doing natal hynotherapy. I don't think it is something the NHS offers, but you can attend private classes or listen to the CD at home. We're rural, so no classes near us and using the CD. You can get the CDs much cheaper on ebay than the official shop. Here is a link - it lists the classes in each region on the site.

www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/index.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now