Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

stretch and sweep,1week overdue!

(5 Posts)
sammielouu12 Thu 06-Nov-14 20:49:09

Hello! ��I'm new to this site so bare with me!
Okay I'm one week overdue, I went down to have a stretch &sweep on my due date couldn't be performed because cervix was closed, started loosing the 'bloody show' that day anyway had another stretch and sweep 2 days ago and cervix was open 1-2cm dilated, was a bit uncomfortable for me but not painful, had another stretch and sweep today and it was so painful I nearly cried, I've been constantly loosing the plug&bloody show for over a period of 6days, it's becoming so regular that I can't bare to go to the toilet as it's so disgusting lol as this stretch and sweep was painful does that mean it's going to work? I've been in so much pain and discomfort since having it done it hurts to move,stand up and walk it's so unbearable getting pains in my pelvis now and some lower back pains. THIS is third baby but never had a stretch and sweep and never been this overdue!x

Bellyrub1980 Thu 06-Nov-14 21:27:22

I had 2 S&S, one on due date, one a week later.

The midwife said the second one was really effective and gave me the best possible chance. But I think the odds are always 50/50 within the next 48 hours. And much of that depends on whether you were going to go into labour anyway.

In my case it didn't put me into labour and on Sunday I'm being induced. However I've read that 3rd ones are often more effective... Although one might argue your chances of going into labour increase with each day anyway.

Not sure I'll have one again in any future pregnancies simply because it was so painful and wiped me out for a day.

Bellyrub1980 Thu 06-Nov-14 21:29:16

My mucous plug came away a few days ago. So a couple of days after the sweep. I've had a few false starts labour wise, but never progressed.

sammielouu12 Thu 06-Nov-14 21:52:14

I suppose it depends on your cervix and if your body is ready...I'm sick of seeing all this mucus plug and bloody show.

Bellyrub1980 Thu 06-Nov-14 22:25:43

It's pretty disgusting! Just see it as being one step closer to your baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now