Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Newbie looking for advice and support x

(8 Posts)
Tamsin1975 Thu 06-Nov-14 20:02:19

Hello lovelies
I should probably post on the MC forum but I can't quite face that just now. Lost first baby at 5-6 weeks naturally in April, currently 10 weeks, had 3 pvt scans, first at 7 weeks a heartbeat to huge relief and fetal pole 2mm but dated at 5-6 weeks, following scan week later grown to 6mm and heartbeat still frantically beating away, scan last night a week later, no growth and heartbeat barely detectable, told to wait 10 days and be 'cautiously realistic' ironically today the morning sickness kicked in - maybe I'm confusing it with grief. Seeing doctor tomorrow so any advice on what I should ask re testing for recurrent, take aspirin next time etc.? Would be gratefully received. Thank you in advance x

Tamsin1975 Thu 06-Nov-14 20:05:48

P.s I am 39 and know my dates were right, did CB digis each week with weeks since conception indicators just to reassure myself!

pippinleaf Thu 06-Nov-14 20:13:11

Sorry to hear you are having a stressful time. The NHS will test you for problems when you've had three miscarriages and to be honest, there's not a lot they can find out usually as the majority if miscarriages are just one of those things and shouldn't be prevented. My dear friend had ten before her two healthy children and most people I know, myself included, have had two or more so please don't lose heart just yet.

thanks

pippinleaf Thu 06-Nov-14 20:13:58

Just noticed your age which might be worrying you too. My ten-miscarriage friend had her healthy two both past 40 and I'm 38 pregnant after two miscarriages.

Tamsin1975 Thu 06-Nov-14 21:06:00

Thank you, that is really encouraging. Congrats for you and amazing resilience from your friend x

sizethree Thu 06-Nov-14 21:25:41

Hi Tamsin, I'm so sorry you're going through such a horrible time, and my thoughts are with you.
I've had 2 miscaruages in the past year. The first a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks, the second, an eventual natural miscarriage at 7+4, after the scan measured too small for my dates. The waiting is crippling.
The second one I felt was so so unfair. One is just awful but I came to terms with it as just one if those heartbreaking things in life that early many women have to endure. But the second felt particularly brutal. But I got through it knowing I'd coped before and that hopefully it'd be third time lucky and that the odds really should be staked in my favour for next time.
I've hit a brilliantly supportive GP, and they will only test if you've had three in a row. But she did mention that low dose aspirin can be used in early pregnancy as a precautionary measure. And I've been seeing an acupuncturist at my local fertility centre (which is recommend highly) who suggested omega oil (Eskimo 3 - pure omega 3 fish oil is suitable when TTC and in pregnancy). Also keep your iron levels up so you have the energy to plough in this horrificly rough time.
I do hope you have smoother times ahead. It really is just the shittiest of the situations. X

sizethree Thu 06-Nov-14 21:26:55

Hit a gp! Gosh, bad autocorrect! I meant got a great gp!

Tamsin1975 Thu 06-Nov-14 22:09:59

Sizethree thank you so much for your support - I'm so sorry for your losses. I feel exactly the same - such a postive start only last week sonographer telling me everything looked perfect, had made such plans and dates \ goals, first kicks at new year etc which seems foolish now. I tried accupuncture after my first loss and it did awful things to me - tried 2 of the best so just not right for me but thank you for the support and advice - its such a shit and lonely time - huge help to have this support when you've been through it - only then do you truly understand the rollercoaster. Big hugs and tons of luck Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now