Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could it be? What do labour pains feel like in your stomach??

(7 Posts)
ElleOhElle Thu 06-Nov-14 19:40:02

I'm sure it's nothing but last time all my labour pains were in my back, nothing in the front at all.
I've been getting some tightenings across the middle of my abdomen and round to my back. Not very painful but uncomfortable. Could it be something starting or is it more likely Braxton hicks??
Due tmw so it's probably just wishful thinking!

lljkk Thu 06-Nov-14 19:41:54

Sounds like BHicks, sorry. Labour is more persistent & annoying. grin

Pifflingcodswollop Thu 06-Nov-14 20:14:24

Yes just tightenings with no pain sounds like braxton hicks.You'll know when you're in labour.I had braxton hicks from early on in both my pregnancies and they got progressively more painful but I could still tell that it was labour when it properly started as it just feels different-very hard to describe but I'm sure you'll know it when you feel it too!Alternatively it could be the beginning of a latent phase of labour which for some women can go on for a good few days before it properly kicks off,either way not long to go for you now-best of luck!

Good luck,not long to go in any case!

ElleOhElle Fri 07-Nov-14 07:55:28

Thanks. yeah it was nothing sad

lljkk Fri 07-Nov-14 09:53:40

come back when things seem to be truly kicking off, we all love a good labour thread grin

lljkk Fri 07-Nov-14 09:53:59

oops... overdose on smileys there!

ElleOhElle Fri 07-Nov-14 10:27:15

sweep this afternoon so hoping that might get things moving!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now